Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This area was covered in wild hemp left over from use in the war when it was grown and harvested. Mostly for rope. Some still around but a many year effort to get rid of it has reduced it.
This is not you smoking Hemp And I do not really want to go there.
Hemp can be broken down and used to make many needed products.
It grows like wild fire with out much care.
It can be burned as a fuel.
Any experts on HEMP around sound off. Please can we leave the smoking issue out of this.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I'm no expert in it. I don't understand the belligerence of our govt to regulate it. It has a lot of useful applications (you noted two). I hear it's great for building and more. I was wondering if it was viable for bio fuels? Can't find any data on that though.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stuff that grew here was plain hemp if you smoke a truck load you would get dizzy from the smoke

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Stuff that grew here was plain hemp if you smoke a truck load you would get dizzy from the smoke
Same with the "Industrial Grade" we used in the prototype biz, but that didn't stop some of my co-workers from wanting to try anyway.

I liked smokin it when I touched off a 6" disco grinder on it. The ends would start burning and the uncured plaster would put it out.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
pot prohibition laws are stupid it only fuels the underground trade.

Hemp is an awsome fibre. It is a great plant with many uses, that has been used since ancient times.

It is unfortunate that it has been consumed by a culture of abuse rather than use.

I don't smoke pot, but I think that the plant is wonderful and as an easily growing plant, restricting its growth for useful application as opposed to abuse is very counter productive for society.

We can't change that over night but there should be a method for responsible individuals to grow the plant, as it shouldn't be a crime to grow hemp, and there shouldn't be financial barriers imposed by the government to do so.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
hemp was used like cotton in the early days it was used to make cloth. Clothing, Sails for ships and lots of stuff.
It was so useful that it was required that if you had a garden in the collanee days a portion of it had to be hemp.
The constitution is written on hemp paper. Pound for pound hemp produces more cloth than cotton and
it grow 3 times as much in the same space as cotton and only takes 1/4 the fertilizer. (weeds are easy to grow)
George Washington was a huge hemp farmer. It was also used in pain medicine that was quite effective

1 - 11 of 11 Posts