Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This great American hero who had the courage to demand accountability for Afganistan disaster has been arrested and is in solitary confinement for speaking the true. He has done 5 tours and been a marine for 17 years. Meanwhile Millie is still in office. Please donate anything you can. Lets pay him forward for his service. Also call your elected officials and demand his release. If you remember he went on youtube and demanded accountability for the soldier killed and the disaster in Afganistan. This is how they repay him. Donate if you can. Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Scheller | Pipe Hitter Foundation (Powered by Donorbox)

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,950 Posts
I wish him the best, and hope he gets a fair hearing.

That said, an enlisted man is not a free man. He is a tool for his institution. Publicly questioning that institution is an indication of dissention.
He can speak his mind once his mind becomes his own again. That happens the day he is discharged.
This is a cold and unforgiving perspective, I know, but it is the only way to have a truly cohesive and uniform fighting force. Such a force is imperative if their goal is to kill people, break things, and win. (I'm not sure that's the goal anymore... but I digress.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wish him the best, and hope he gets a fair hearing.

That said, an enlisted man is not a free man. He is a tool for his institution. Publicly questioning that institution is an indication of dissention.
He can speak his mind once his mind becomes his own again. That happens the day he is discharged.
This is a cold and unforgiving perspective, I know, but it is the only way to have a truly cohesive and uniform fighting force. Such a force is imperative if their goal is to kill people, break things, and win. (I'm not sure that's the goal anymore... but I digress.)
Truth. He may have behaved morally according to his conscience, which I respect, but he violated ethics and his vow by breaking ranks and publically opposing a legal, ethical (maybe not moral, but ethical- by the rules of international law and honorable combat) set of orders. This is equivalent to going AWOL.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
if he felt that strongly, he should have resigned.

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
From an article I just read, he posted a video in August after being told not to speak publicly on the matter.
On September 11th, he sent a letter of resignation requesting discharge under honorable conditions. That was rejected. They counter offered with a "less than honorable" discharge, and he rejected that.
He was later arrested and taken to the brig. No charges have been made known, other than violating a gag order. His attorney doesn't eve know what they are charging him with.

Should have resigned first, son.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I applaud his willingness to stand up.. however he should have resigned and then spoken out .... He disobeyed orders. And the rule is if you can no longer follow orders resign!!!!

the oath says to follow orders of those appointed over me....

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
When you raise your right hand and take the oath of enlistment, you voluntarily waive a number of rights.
As an officer, he should have known that more than a buck private would.
In the now infamous video, was he wearing his uniform? If so, that is a huge violation of orders.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
When you raise your right hand and take the oath of enlistment, you voluntarily waive a number of rights.
In the now infamous video, was he wearing his uniform? If so, that is a huge violation of orders.
I think he knew full well what he was doing.
And did it anyway.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Exactly... I think many of us would love to have stood up and voiced our opinion while in the service... we did not because it is not keeping with the good order and discipline of the military ..

after I retired.... lol... i post, write, speak, and offer lots of opinions...

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
An update on the Lt. Col.:

Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. will face a misdemeanor-level special court-martial on six charges filed by the Corps this week related to his public admonishing of American officials handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, service officials announced Wednesday.
He is accused of violating Uniform Code of Military Justice Article 88 by displaying contempt toward officials, Article 89 by disrespecting superior commissioned officers, Article 90 by willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer, Article 92 by dereliction in the performance of his duties and failure to obey an order or regulation, and Article 133 by displaying conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.
A special court-martial limits the maximum punishment for service members found guilty, and cannot sentence an officer found guilty to confinement or a punitive discharge. Sheller could face a loss of two-thirds pay per month, if convicted, according to the UCMJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts