Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

help for weapons i have a question

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  junior856 
#1 ·
i have filled out my concealed weapons permit but it might take up to a year to go threw what if shit hits the fan before that should i buy black market and just bury them

#3 ·
Now I assuming based on where you live the state would be NJ, correct? If so you will be lucky to own a weapon much less a concealed carry permit, so good luck. Here in Kentucky took less than 30 days to get a Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon permit which covers darn near any weapon of any type regardless.

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Depends where you live , can you own a long gun without the permit where you live?
No one in there right mind is going to publicly tell you to break a law. At least before SHTF.

PS: move to a better place to live and survive.

#13 ·
Here is the thing. I had a rifle I wanted to part with about 18 months ago. I just had no need for it,
it was taking up space and I knew there was a decent market for it. I offered it for sale in an online
forum for $500 (California). Got a message, "I'll take it" but need to inspect. Fine I said, we made
arrangements to meet at a starbucks nearby, and the guy comes with a friend. Its ok my wife is in
another car with her sidearm and AR so I wasn't worried, but they were almost "biker" like if you don't
mind the stereotype. The guy says man I'll go $560 cash right now - it looks over 50 years old. See
in California if a long gun is over 50 you don't have to go through an FFL or do any paper work - its
cash and carry. Now I'm not stupid and know my rifle had a DOB in the 1970's (early) so its no
where near 50. I said no I have to go thorugh the local gun shop. There is one a mile that way,
and one a mile the other way. Which do you prefer. "Never mind" the guy says and walks. As he
got to his car I wasn't far away, I heard the words, "no joy" and upon looking his way and seeing
him look back he flashed his badge from under the velcro. Had I said yes in hopes of making $60
instantly - I'd lost my grandfathers Colt SAA's and Winchester lever, my fathers WWII used 1911
and M1, my service weapons from my time in federal agencies and local police including the first
one with the funny story about being bought by my mom since I was too young (in CA) to buy it
but could carry it. I'd have lost them all - for $60 - or for being on the "black market."

This is why gun control laws really get under my skin. They are traps and if you fall into the traps
you LOSE EVERYTHING!

Go buy a legal gun.

#18 ·
Wow, I can go into any gun store and walk out with a gun in 10 minutes. I would hate to live in those facist states. My sympathies.

#19 ·
First I'd sit down with the legal professional that prepared your will with http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf . And I'd ask him this question. if I'm reading this correctly I can own an antique rifle or shotgun (basically a black powder single shot muzzle loader), Right? If he says Yes, then I'd purchase something like and inexpensive .45 or .50 caliber muzzle loader and sit tight til your registration card comes back. If you go out and purchase a pistol rifle or other firearm illegally and you're caught with it your legal ability to own one forever in the state of NJ goes right down the toilet.

#21 ·
NJ issues a Firearm Owners ID card (FOID) to purchase firearms, this should take considerably less time than the CCW permit. No, you absolutely should not look to the black market for firearms purchases. I'm absolutely positive that no one here will tell you to violate a state, local or federal firearms law that would make us all look bad. Contact the NJ state police for more answers.

-Infidel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.