Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum but have been a prepper for a while. I am retired AF. I am currently a PhD student with Northcentral University and am doing a dissertation or prepping.

I am looking for people to help me with my dissertation on preppers. I am looking for people 18-65, who consider themselves preppers, have been prepping for at least 6 months and that participating in online prepper activities such as this forum.

Your identity will be held in the strictest confidence. Only I will know who you are. There are about 9 questions and you dont have to answer any that make you uncomfortable. The interview lasts 30-60 minutes. Send me an email at the address below if you want to participate or have any questions.

Hello Fellow Preppers,

The topic of the proposed research is "The Preppers: A Multiple Case Study of Individuals Who Choose a Moderate Survivalist Lifestyle". The study will be conducted to solicit preppers' opinions and views about the prepper movement. The purpose of this study is to identify the prepper movement and to provide valuable information to help understand the different aspects or characteristics of this movement.

You are invited to participate in this study by agreeing to an in-person or telephone interview. Nine questions will be asked during this interview. The interview session will last approximately two hours. Follow-up or probing questions may be necessary to solicit additional information or to clarify your responses. The data collected will be used solely for the purposes of the study.

All information provided will be confidential and anonymous. If you are willing to participate, kindly provide the following information: name, email address, and contact number via email to [email protected]. After data collection approval, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person or telephone interview. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me using the above email address or 505-358-5114. Thank you for your willingness to participate in this doctoral study.

Sincerely

Lee'Ann Imel-Hartford, Doctoral Candidate
Northcentral University

Please email me at [email protected] if you are willing to participate.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Just a forewarning to our members that the admins of this site will NEVER sk for your personal information at any time. Always be sure of exactly who and what you give your information to, and if you are unsure please contact the site admins with any questions you may have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Leon
Thank you for that reply.

I always treat people's personal information in a highly confidential manner. The only information I need for my study is the person's name, email and a telephone number. The telephone number can be from wherever the person wants and if they choose, they can call me and used a blocked number.

The participants name will only be known to me and will not be in the dissertation.

If anyone has any questions please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hello elle,
I think it is a great topic at the perfect time. I see that you are in New Mexico. So am I. I wish you luck on your dissertation. I hope that the facts will show that preppers are just ordinary people with a clear picture of the possibility of a bleak future. Not nut cases as we are often portrayed.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome to the boards, good luck with the dissertation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still looking for participants for my dissertation. It wont take very long. The interviews have actually been lasting about 30 minutes. I know that some people may be worried. but your identity is safe. As a prepper myself, i understand and want to protect my own identity. Its been really difficult for me to put myself out there. But this topic is important to me.

If you are interested. Please email me at [email protected].

Thanks
Lee'Ann

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea, Good luck with that. I don't know but I don't think you would get a great response from alot of people. Especially with the rumors of the Re-Educations camps being set up. Let's face it we are already terrorist because we are preppers and then someone like yourself comes along asking who we are, how long have we been prepping, what are we prepping for. Here you go big brother here is a list of terrorist and what they have and what they are ready for. Ah thanks Lee'Ann here is a nice little bonus for you :) I'm just saying!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first post and i am dedicating this to the Introduction Forum as per the forum rules. Before introducing myself,i would just like to thank the Administrator of this forum for giving me opportunity to join this community.Now, let me take the opportunity to introduce myself.This is jimmy Adams.I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members, hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts