Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Merely a grasshopper looking for a master.
I am a single woman in her early 60's I live in Knoxville Tn. I have just purchased a hydroponics garden for my greens, I live in a studio apt, I believe that one of the ways God provides is He warns us of upcoming events. Anyone else in my general vicinity, that is willing to help me learn and work with what I have and will be acquiring?

·
Super Moderator
9,469 Posts
Welcome to group from southern AZ. Not only a prepper but I escaped from ILL. and it's rediculously high taxes. Wishing you you all the luck in the world. We will need it.

·
Banned
21,333 Posts
I am a single woman in her early 60's I live in Knoxville Tn. I have just purchased a hydroponics garden for my greens, I live in a studio apt, I believe that one of the ways God provides is He warns us of upcoming events. Anyone else in my general vicinity, that is willing to help me learn and work with what I have and will be acquiring?
Single woman, early 60's, studio apt in Knoxville, TN with a hydroponics garden for growing greens looking for a master?

Good luck Sonya, keep us posted on your wacky shenanigans! Should be lots of fun! Go Vols?

·
Super Moderator
10,038 Posts
Welcome from DFW.

There are entry level hydroponics sets. I've looked into them, but don't have the room yet. Here is an article to get you thinking.

I chose a dehydrator over the freeze dryer. One reason was the cost difference. The only thing I can't dehydrate is meat, and I have learned to can that. The other reason is space. A freeze dryer is heavy, takes up extra room, and is loud. I know someone who has both. She is freeze drying like crazy to make it cost effective. But she does it in her garage because of the noise.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to you. We'll try to help you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Small spaces are also spirulina, a block\log or two of mushrooms and if everybody went dehydrator (and the sun is a microwave) I would think about freeze dryer. I just got a package of freeze dried vacuum packed mushrooms from one of our friends.
In a weird time you will have the unusual thing and that might come in handy.
Water distiller maybe too if you can? So far we have filters and a small pump that is kind of a joke.
Best wishes! Unless we get a break, I think new mexico may just ignite next week and save us all the trouble.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Small spaces are also spirulina, a block\log or two of mushrooms and if everybody went dehydrator (and the sun is a microwave) I would think about freeze dryer. I just got a package of freeze dried vacuum packed mushrooms from one of our friends.
In a weird time you will have the unusual thing and that might come in handy.
Water distiller maybe too if you can? So far we have filters and a small pump that is kind of a joke.
Best wishes! Unless we get a break, I think new mexico may just ignite next week and save us all the trouble.
Yes, I am thinking along those lines too. how many will want fresh greens, and they are not available. by fresh greens I do mean vegetables.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from DFW.

There are entry level hydroponics sets. I've looked into them, but don't have the room yet. Here is an article to get you thinking.

I chose a dehydrator over the freeze dryer. One reason was the cost difference. The only thing I can't dehydrate is meat, and I have learned to can that. The other reason is space. A freeze dryer is heavy, takes up extra room, and is loud. I know someone who has both. She is freeze drying like crazy to make it cost effective. But she does it in her garage because of the noise.
Thank you for the comment, I have already purchased the hydroponics system. It is 2 foot by 1 foot a tower with three columns.
Plant Sleeve Terrestrial plant Blazer Waist
Plant Sleeve Terrestrial plant Blazer Waist

1 - 20 of 23 Posts