Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see...about me... I live in Northern Wisconsin. I'm a single woman with two sons and three grandchildren. I'm retired from a good career and now am an outfitter with extra income coming in from direct market farming, hiring out to drive a harvester, being a landlord, and being a member of a SaR team. I call myself a homesteaders, and live off grid on an almost 2 mile long drive.

I originally prepped for winter. I live 2 miles away from a road, so I need to be able to hunker down in snow storms. Then I got ready for retirement. I sometimes don't like people and wanted to make sure that I could disappear from the world once I stop working. When the '08 market crash hit I became more concerned about being able to survive a recession. Then the 2010 flood hit and I made a list of natural disasters that I needed to worry about. And then I learned about surviving a pandemic and felt happy that me and mine were safe from big city riots.

I am always wanting to learn more about disasters and how people have made it through them. What people did right and what they'd do differently if they did it over. I'm hoping I get to learn more from you all. Thanks for any helpful information you share.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,855 Posts
I sometimes don't like people and wanted to make sure that I could disappear from the world once I stop working.
Ah, a kindred spirit...
You'll fit in well here.
Welcome
;)

·
Administrator
15,668 Posts
Welcome from the piney woods of North Florida.
We don't have to worry about being snowed in, but tropical storms and hurricanes can be bothersome.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome from the Louisiana! When I first joined this group 10 years ago, we lived in Illinois and I was always prepping for the next big snowstorm. Now we live on the gulf coast and I am always prepping for the next big hurricane. The search feature on this site is a wonderful tool for finding information. Introverts Unite!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts