Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Hello from the Florida Coast

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  LunaticFringeInc 
#1 ·
Hello to all Forum members. I am a newbie at prepping and becoming a survivalist, looking forward to learning as much as possible from everyone. I have already started by making a few purchases to store such as NOAA weatherband dynamo radio/flashlight/cell phone charger, some MRE"S sourced from my nephew who is in the Corps, a .300 WIN MAG dubbed "The Boomstick" by my 2 year old and 500 rounds ammo. it isnt much but its a start. Any suggestions on other things to start collecting would be a great help. My wife is an avid vegetable gardener and we both grew up in the hills of WV/VA on small farms. We enjoy canning fruits, vegetables and meats. Make homemade candles, butter, soap, and preserves.

#2 · (Edited)
Hello, from ky, welcome to the site I'm new here also. Good luck prepping :)
Being from Florida is would start by prepping for hurricanes. Have you been through any big hurricanes? Do you live in a big city?

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum MF... and remember... every step forward is a step towards preparedness. What you have done so far may not be much, but it's more than most. :) And... you are at least moving in the right direction.

#6 ·
Welcome from North Florida

#7 ·
Welcome from a FL Panhandle retiree who moved down from MO a few years ago. Gardening, canning and self-defense is a good start. Sounds like you're on track.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum from a north Texan, here! For someone whos "new" to prepping Id say you got a heck of a start and as previously mentioned a lot better prepared than the average Joe out there by a long shot! Sounds too like the two of you have some great skills to take advantage of as well. Btw...500 rounds of .300 Win Mag is a pretty good stash for a big boomer like that! At any rate, hope to see you around and see you often here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.