Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Carla. My husband Jim and I, (as his spouse), retired from the Army in 1992. We both were born and raised in Texas, but we retired in Tennessee. I've been wanting to do some prepping for some time but now that it's obvious that "some of the leaders" of our Country have set out to destroy it, I've seriously gotten started. I have 2 concerns at this time. 1. Mylar bags: I bought some and they have tiny pin prick holes in the bottom? 2. Retired military: Walmart will no longer fill Tricare, (military), prescriptions. They don't make enough money from Tricare? The small pharmacy we switched to has no problems with what Tricare pays them. I'm now taking my business elsewhere. It's more time consuming and challenging, but if we don't start standing up to these "big businesses" that are taking more jobs than they're providing by becoming automated we have no one to blame but ourselves when the bottom drops out even further! Amazon has taken away more jobs than they have provided, (see economists David Autor, David Dorn and Gordon Hanson's report on marketwatch . com). ANYWAY, that's a couple of my "frustrations" and I'll try not to belabor the facts any further:) Nice to meet everyone!

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,599 Posts
Howdy and welcome!
Glad to have you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas. Thank y'all very much for the service and love for our country.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country.

Share what you know.
Ask what you don’t know.
My opinion - the only dumb question is the one you have and don’t ask.

Reactions: Prepper911

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Hello, my name is Carla. My husband Jim and I, (as his spouse), retired from the Army in 1992. We both were born and raised in Texas, but we retired in Tennessee. I've been wanting to do some prepping for some time but now that it's obvious that "some of the leaders" of our Country have set out to destroy it, I've seriously gotten started. I have 2 concerns at this time. 1. Mylar bags: I bought some and they have tiny pin prick holes in the bottom? 2. Retired military: Walmart will no longer fill Tricare, (military), prescriptions. They don't make enough money from Tricare? The small pharmacy we switched to has no problems with what Tricare pays them. I'm now taking my business elsewhere. It's more time consuming and challenging, but if we don't start standing up to these "big businesses" that are taking more jobs than they're providing by becoming automated we have no one to blame but ourselves when the bottom drops out even further! Amazon has taken away more jobs than they have provided, (see economists David Autor, David Dorn and Gordon Hanson's report on marketwatch . com). ANYWAY, that's a couple of my "frustrations" and I'll try not to belabor the facts any further:) Nice to meet everyone!
Hearty welocme from DFW and thanks for the Military Service. My Grandpa's folks got deported from Tennessee to Texas back in the mid 1800s. Feels like I know the area well for never having been there. Sounds plausible about Amazon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts