Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Kevin, and I am the FNG....

I'm 26, and a semi prepper if you will. I just recently started prepping, so my knowledge is nil, as are my stashes..That is changing every day....

I look forward to keep perusing this forum and learning all that I can. I plan on asking a LOT of questions, so be prepared to be annoyed by me :mrgreen:

·
Registered
29 Posts
welcome from ne. The only stupid question is the one that never gets asked.

Reactions: survival

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with that on. Only way to learn is to ask someone who knows...

Been looking around, and learning a LOT. I wish I had started prepping sooner, but everyone has to start somewhere

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
hey kevin welcome from los angeles. 1st thinsg first. side arms and food canned food a buck a can so you can start at 20 bux per month have a months stash of canned for for 30-40 bux. and then guns. those ar never "cheap" oak tree gun club is having a black friday sale, thats in santa clarita. their ammo is bananas and so are the rental gun sales. and thier rental guns are only in service for 3 months they do these sale 4x a yr. its a good place to start ifn yer local.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I'm originally from San Diego area (Eastlake in Chula Vista) and I miss the socal weather. Where in socal you at?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in the Riverside/Perris/Orangecrest area...Kinda want to not make that public information incase the wrong people are watching. I AM fairly well armed. I am in the market for an auto to replace my .38 special revolver, so thanks shotlady :) I have mostly rifles, and am actually quite good with my .22....

Thanks for the tip of canned foods. When I think of canned foods, I think of Chef Boyardee haha. I'll have to pick up more fruits and vegetables though. When I say I have NO money, I mean NO money. I get about $300-$350 a month, which goes to bills, and the rest to every day food if I'm lucky

I also have to wonderful dogs, a 6 year old pure bred German Shepherd, and a bratty 5 month old mutt (Rhodesian ridgeback/husky/wolf) which I have to take into consideration when buying food stocks. I know they can't live well on fruits and vegetables. Hopefully when I have chickens, that will help take up some of the want for meat (after being cooked of course)

So much to do, and so little time it seems like

·
Registered
30 Posts
I understand your concern with OPSEC and I was just curious of the general area (didn't want your home address :p). When I was in college that was about my income, too. I looked a lot for coupons and free stuff on craigslist. Good luck with your prepping endeavors and remember that you don't have to always buy something to be prepared, there is a lot of free information on boards like this and websites that you can add to your preps!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts