Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a 49 year old fella (Native Californian) living in Santee, CA. I've been involved in prepping for quite a few years now. My eyes were opened when I was living in the Bay Area during the 1989 "World Series" earthquake and I realized how woefully unprepared I was for even a short term interruption. I learned a lot and have made a lot of changes. It took a while to bring my wife around to my way of thinking, but she's on board now.

My wife and I decided to turn this passion into a business. We are opening our doors on May 1, 2013. We hope to become a one-stop shopping and information resource for other preppers. I won't go into it too much here in the introduction, because I am new and don't want to be a spammer. If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
When I was staioned in the San Diego area we used to drive out to Santee to steak house that cut offf your tie if you were wearing one. The cooked your steak on open fire pits. Pecos Bill's or something or the other. Loved that place.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pinnacle Peak Steak House. Still here and they still cut off your tie. :)

When I was staioned in the San Diego area we used to drive out to Santee to steak house that cut offf your tie if you were wearing one. The cooked your steak on open fire pits. Pecos Bill's or something or the other. Loved that place.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Pinnacle Peak Steak House. Still here and they still cut off your tie. :)
Yep, that be the place. Santee was at one time a popular retirement place for certain breeds of fast mover, low drag kind of guys. Don't know if that still rings true after all these years. I imagine the sprawl has done it's best to creep up on the once blissful "out there" ness of Santee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Chris Kyle lived out this way. I know a couple other guys who have been on the sharp end of the spear that are neighbors.

·
Administrator
15,001 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas. Glad to have you here and I hope to see you around and see you often here.

Good to see you got a wake up call and got on board. That sounds awesome that your also making a business out of it too as well. I am planning to be in the area around the first of June for a few days and will have to see if I can stop by and see what kinda goodies you got there. Gotta admit though, probably will spend most of my time out on my boat in Coranado Island in San Diego. Good luck with the business, lots of sheep in that area that could probably benefit from your services.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts