Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I have sort of got started in prepping back in 1979 during the recession. Then started reading the alt.misc.survivalism newsgroup in the 90s. I have been in software development since 1982. I worked many Y2K remedial projects as a project manager for several multinational corps and was very concerned. That and the Clinton years really got me on the prepping bandwagon again.

Before becoming a cubicle rat I did a lot of labor jobs: shake rat, logger, commercial diver, roofer, custom photo lab tech, cook, concrete, and forest fire fighter.

My wife and adult daughters are into prepping as well. Made a lot of progress but still much to learn and do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NW Pilgrim - checkout my site , also from Oregon , but the good side not the whacked side ................see my recent post in fitness ....100 pushups for directions , I am new to this site as well but not preparedness and such events . Lived in Eugene far too long ! All are quite welcome ....................................

·
Administrator
14,895 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like a lot of interesting topics and a wealth if experience in the posts here. I look forward to chatting with all of you!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Howdy Pilgrim (in a cheap John Wayne imitation - sorry, somebody had to do it.) Welcome from Minnesota.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts