Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Hello from Oregon!

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  PaulS 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Preppers,

My name is Scott and I live in Oregon. I am fairly new to the prepping world. I am come up with my own personal 5 year plan to a more prepared and self sufficient life. Currently I am working hard to pay off all of my debts. I am also learning how to Garden, and having a lot of fun growing food. In a couple years I want to buy a home in the county. I am not a doom and gloom person, I love to have fun and play outside :)

#3 ·
Welcome Scott. You're ahead of the game if you remember that while preparing for the worst, life still goes on. It's easy to find one's self focused on the worst case scenario and forget that the world is still happening around us.

#6 ·
Welcome from Florida

#13 ·
The upside to Oregon is they are only 1 of 4 states that have no sales tax, plus you are in an area with a small population with only 40 people per square mile. I would guess this is the lowest of all states with an ocean.

Anyway it is good you are not a serious prepper as you are in one of the worst places in the world to survive, so you can be assured that 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities will not affect you at all.

Stock up on kool aid if you are able, a necessary prep on the coasts.

#17 ·
Welcome to the board from a neighbor in SE Washington - the state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.