Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello preppers, I have been thinking about prepping and think it is a good idea to be ready for whatever will happen in the future. I am looking at this as being able to turn the clock back 200 years when the majority of the population lived and worked on small farms and worked together as a community to help each other and survive. I guess I'm thinking if you want fresh meat keep it alive until you're ready to eat it. I look forward to learning what everyone here is doing and their views on survival.

Elapid---<

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from Nevada. I'm getting a little too old to do farming, but wish I had enough room for a subsistence garden.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello preppers, I have been thinking about prepping and think it is a good idea to be ready for whatever will happen in the future. I am looking at this as being able to turn the clock back 200 years when the majority of the population lived and worked on small farms and worked together as a community to help each other and survive. I guess I'm thinking if you want fresh meat keep it alive until you're ready to eat it. I look forward to learning what everyone here is doing and their views on survival.

Elapid---<
Howdy for West Texas,

You're absolutely right. We slaughter all the meat that we eat on our homestead farm both in West Texas and Egypt. Was running low on protein yesterday so I simply went out and slaughter some Muscovy ducks and Fayoumi Chickens. Boy nothing taste as good as wholesome fresh, Non-gmo raised animals. Getting ready to add about 40 lambs to our flock next month and I should be tanning some sheepskins for a few blankets and rugs shortly.

Hope to learn and benefit from your wisdom and experiences soon!

Desert Marine
Troy B

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Texas! Lots of good information here for you, just gotta cruise through the thread archives. Look forward to seeing you around and seeing you often!

·
Administrator
15,022 Posts
Welcome from Florida

1 - 8 of 8 Posts