Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..

I am prepper "Dreams"... and I am fairly new to prepping.. actually, I guess you can say to a larger degree.

I am a wife and mother of three (18 yrs, 11yrs, 6 months), and for the past few years, I have been packing first aid kits in the trucks, and back packs.. so no matter where we are, each of us will have wound care and medical masks if needed. I just started watching DDP last week, and realized that Iv not done nearly enough for my family, and have started stocking our bug out bags.. (even found items that no one has mentioned that are beneficial to add).

I am an AVID couponer, and take great pride in getting what I need for next to nothing, free or even paid to walk out of the store.. so I hope I can be beneficial to this forum when it comes to this area and getting stock for our pantries or bug out bags, etc.

Im looking forward to getting to know you all..

prepper Dreams
NE NJ

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dreams! Glad to hear you have been prepping! I have to say, you have done a lot already from what it sounds compared to your average person in the world. While others are worrying about the latest iphones, you have taken the responsibility to provide and protect for your family.

I'm extremly excited to hear about the coupons. I don't think that has been mentioned yet on the forum. Everytime I take coupons into the store, it seems like I get charged more! I have a LOT of questions about coupons as well.

Thanks for joining, glad to see you here.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Share your couponing secrets! For real, I'm just about to move out and would love to be able to save a bundle of cash and prep at the same time!

Also, welcome to the forum and we look foreword to sharing knowledge!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much guys..

Im going to share a quickie...:) Everyone might enjoy this...

Walmart. If you have a coupon for an item, and it exceeds the cost of the item, Walmart will either give the balance to you in cash, or put it towards the rest of your order. :D Keep in mind that their coupon policies are kind of new, so you want to print and take their coupon policy in with you .. just in case you have a cashier that wants to give you a hard time. Most dont, but you never know..:D

Example of overage received: One of my Walmart trips included many roles of scotch tape, many packs of stick it notes, two head sets, as well as Advil. I picked up about 50+ pocket size Advil for 1.98 with my $2.00 coupons, and I price matched the tape from Target for .50 cents each and had $1.00 coupons as well as Price matched Dollar General and had $1.00 coupons. My whole order came to just over $90 and THEY paid me 9.56 to walk out the door. I wont need advil, tape or stick it notes for a very long time. :)

Example of almost no cost: Last month, I was able to get some coupons for aquafresh tooth paste any size. $1/1. I picked up the trial size which if I remember correctly was .97 cents. I think I paid maybe 2 cents for 4 of them... for the 40 I purchased, I paid .20 cents. :) Of course, these are great for bob's and putting together small hygiene packs for trade. :D
I did this with Vaseline total moisture hand cream as well.. although those coupons only allowed 4 of the same coupon per order.. I just broke up my order... paid 2 cents for every 4 - 3oz tubes.

can you tell I like to talk about coupons? LOL... just as much as I like to prep.. :p

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I love it! Did you ever go on that "extreme couponers" show? You need to! Going to start a thread in the "economic/Precious metals/investing/finance" section about coupons. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no.. that show is HORRID...
1. those grocery stores only allow the mass quantity of coupons for the show itself.
2. the one girl committed fraud right on the show..
3. that show has caused drastic changes to coupon policies for many stores.
4. most of the shopping trips are NOT realistic for most people. (Id say not for 99% as its set up just for the show)

example. Most of the stores here only allow 4 of any one kind of coupon. IE: if I had 5 crest total coupons for $1.00 off, I could only use 4 in one order. Some stores only double the FIRST 2 coupons in an order. That one really sucks. And its all due to that show.

Ive been doing this since my oldest (18) was 4. The coupon policies and coupons from manufacturers were GREAT back then! The first time I sat down and really organized, I was able to do over $300 in groceries, (meat, milk, etc) for $12 and change. The woman thought she screwed up and actually closed her line and re rang my whole order.

These days, its much harder to find coupons like they use to have.. and the policy changes.. well.. sadly its what we have to deal with when a show doesnt look at the end results of getting special treatment.

Dont get me wrong.. Severe savings can be done.. just not like they display it.. Walmart shopping is an exception if they have enough stock and you have enough coupons to get overage.. but Walmart does not offer double coupons.. so savings on other items are slim, and you would have to have LOADS of overage coming back to you in order to do a trip like those on that show.

make sense? LOL

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas...or Arkansaw' as we say it. ::clapping::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts