Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been interested in outdoor survival and camping and have always had an inkling that I would need to know more. Recently my boyfriend and I have been watching a lot of documentaries on Netflix about corporate/government corruption and apocalyptical scenarios and we've decided that we should start preparing for the worst. Right now we have little to nothing of anything and are trying to figure out how to make it work. Hopefully from using this and other resources we can decide where our future is headed. I look forward to learning more and getting to know some like-minded people.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome from Montana!! You have made a great decision to start preparing for an emergency. Start small. Say getting ready for a hurricane or other severe storm that could knock out communication,roads and power. Make sure you have plenty of food water and medical supplies in case you were not able to get supplies or help for a few days. Then start getting stocked up for longer and longer scenarios that you might be worried about.. Welcome to the board, there is PLENTY of great info and excellent people.

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Welcome from Texas, glad to have you here. Don't sweat starting from the ground floor and getting over whelmed, we all started in the same place too! Just look at the threats you face then sit down and come up with a plan to address them and then do a little something each payday that will put you on higher ground and in no time you will be sitting pretty well. Hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I've always been interested in outdoor survival and camping and have always had an inkling that I would need to know more. Recently my boyfriend and I have been watching a lot of documentaries on Netflix about corporate/government corruption and apocalyptical scenarios and we've decided that we should start preparing for the worst. Right now we have little to nothing of anything and are trying to figure out how to make it work. Hopefully from using this and other resources we can decide where our future is headed. I look forward to learning more and getting to know some like-minded people.
This is readily available on this site but consider

1. Getting a Berkey water filtration system (google it, easy to find) not really cheap but your basic need.

2. Get some food backstocked (kind of easy to do) When you buy 1 pack of Ramen soup get 2 instead and keep that up until you have a good stockpile

3. Really at this point look for a survival camp looking for members. You really don't have a choice here as the time is really short. If you have any common skills or can just work harder than most there may be hope for you.

Reactions: longrider

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Welcome from just outside of Ft Bragg...remember that prepping can range from surviving a hurricane or tornado to the Zombie controlled streets of Raleigh....just kidding...well maybe not. But you are on your way to the satisfaction that you can out live your worst neighbor...or help them...if your a good christian. Its not a "you gotta believe aliens are anal probing me" society...some have the damn hemorrhoids to prove it though...but I think those are self induced...don't tell Lancestar I said that though....its a secret...Hey Lancestar....squirrel over there!!!! Squirrel??? Welcome all the same...
That is laugh out loud funny! :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from Southern Minnesota. Start simple and work your way. Water is first, then foods, a way to defend you and yours, gardening, learning a skill or two that will help when SHTF.

Hey Old SF Guy, Tweekers and Gang Bangers are technically aliens. They certainly aren't from my world.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.