Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My wife and I have been prepping for the last 10 years or so. But we only started calling it "prepping" about 2 years ago. Before that, we just called it "life".

We follow more of a "homesteading" style of prepping than most. That is not to say that we do not have guns and enjoy shooting. But to me, shooting well enough to fill out my deer tags in the fall and protect my family is good enough - for now. (But shooting our "scary black guns" is fun as hell! :smile:)

I think we have the immediate necessities of our prepping pretty well under control - basic food storage for a year, water, water filtration, first aid supplies, BOB, etc. What we have been focusing on for the last few years is learning the skills that our grandparents took for granted: sausage making, cheese making, roasting coffee, making knives, canning (water and pressure), etc. The one thing that I have noticed since God put us on this path is how much richer our lives are now compared most folks.

I am a Christian, rabid capitalist, and a small "l" libertarian. I look forward to getting to know you and trade info back and forth.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like you have it figured out! Welcome from New Mexico.
If I had it all figured out, I would not be here. :) But thanks!

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. Sounds like your on the right track.

·
Administrator
15,096 Posts
welcome from Florida

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow and welcome for the intro. Glad to have you here. As I have said in the past and will say in the future, all experience,s are worth something to someone. Everyone's life has something that can help others in the same condition that they are in. I am so glad that people are here that can help each other in various aspects of life and learn that our parents and or grandparents s learned and were passed down. We need to learn how, if nothing else, to be more self sufficient.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hey Inor, I'm from New Ulm. New to this prepping stuff. Have been at it about 4 months now. I just introduced myself on the indtroduction forum. I have lots to learn. Have been gathering supplies that I think will be useful. Mostly if our major power grids go down. I don't have a bug out destination yet, but am working on that also. Thanks for the shout out.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Oh! Inor I should add that I have a brother south of St Cloud that is beginning prepping. I guess my son and I would join up with, if we could. He's near Dassel. I'm mapping routs away from major roads, to his place. I've got two horses, so can be very mobile without gasoline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts