Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

A new prepper joining the ranks. Basically just starting out with putting together a 72-hour shelter in place prep and we'll see where it goes from there. Just wanted to introduce myself.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
welcome from Texas

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hello everyone.

A new prepper joining the ranks. Basically just starting out with putting together a 72-hour shelter in place prep and we'll see where it goes from there. Just wanted to introduce myself.
Welcome from SC. Curious what you mean by a 72-hour shelter? Building up supplies for your house? Or a three day bug out bag?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What I mean is basically I'm starting out prepping for a natural disaster. Like the Starks in "Game of Thrones" say, winter is coming. That means blizzards, ice storms, and the potential for power to be down. So right now I'm prepping to have enough supplies on hand that I can hunker down and have supplies at my apartment to last until power can be restored. I realize there are bigger threats that one can prep for, but my thinking is prep for the more likely scenarios first, then move onto bigger things. Localized natural disasters happen quite frequently in every area of the world. One city, county, region might be having an emergency but other areas aren't. So prepping for a local emergency first to me makes sense. I figure start out with having 72 hours of supplies on hand then working my way up from there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts