Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, im brandi live in los angeles im 41, am a gun enthusiast and like mild adventure so when the time comes its not a shock or mystery!
I have two kids in the marines. they sure are cute.:-D
this is my older son on my 41st bday last week in big bear.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello and welcome shotlady,

Our oldest is in The Marines (15 years). He just left 29 for a new post at LaJeune. They give you a sense that, even if SHTF, there are strong capable people that will hold a line against tyranny. That probably sounds hokey to some people and they might even see Marines as part of an oppressive force controlled by The Government, but 99% of Marines understand what freedom means and as long as there is a Marine Corps, tyranny will not stand in this country.

God bless yours.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
As always, thank your children for us for serving the United States of America and protecting our freedoms, and of course welcome to the forums! Kentucky here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks to your family for your service. That includes you, because you raised them to love their country and it is your prayers that keep them safe, and it is your sacrifice to have them far away to defend our shores.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank ya'll so much. my older son is a luetenant and in pilots program, my baby is 20 and is machine gunner he is in 29 palms but deploys in two weeks to f*ckedupistan. my heart breaks. I have explained to them that it may be unfortunate, but i may need to shoot at them and take them down, but was reassuring that it wouldnt be personal. they assure me theyd defect.

but also i told them its cool to know the plan and be able to defect with all the neat stuff from the gubmint. or i could hold them hostage for ammo...

living in the city it is unfortunate that i cannot total prep. my prepping contains 2 back packs of survival gear and being well able to use it. and would only have to hoof it about 25 miles before i am in nowhere and not in crisis and another 32miles from there to my destination for long term bug out.

it sucks as im not able to stock pile ammo or water or food and know itll be there 100%.

·
Registered
159 Posts
shotlady - I know where you're coming from. Our oldest has deployed multiple times out of '29. I'd like to say it gets easier on the second, third, fourth time, but it doesn't seem to. We just stock up on cases of the little things he needs and enjoys and get a stack of fixed rate boxes. Sending out a package every couple of weeks keeps you connected. Crystal Light has always been a favorite 'cause the water quality typically sucks. The rest is hope and prayer, then one day you're watching the plane land and their back home.

This site can be worthwhile: MarineParents.com: A Place to Connect & Share(tm) for Marine Parents Moms Dads Wives Family Members . PM me (us) if you ever feel the need. You probably already know… Marine Corps families are a larger family all their own. Their sons and daughters, husbands and wives have each other's back in the field and we have each other's back here at home.

God bless.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you so kindly. for reaching out to me. it just doesnt get easier. ahh the heart of a parent when your kid goes to war... it breaks ever minute.
betcha hunert bux ifn the mothers were able to go with em this stuff would have been straightened out long ago and the taliban would be on their best behavior and all the kids would get to come safely. lol thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts