Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I found this site! I have already read a lot of good info here, thanks!
I have been prepping for awhile and getting closer to where I want to be.

A handful of life events has led me here. I have been through a very bad tornado,
minimal hurricane but bad enough, a blizzard where power was out for 10 days and a trip to
the store late afternoon on 9/11 and everything worth having was GONE!

World events over the last few years seem to be going in a very bad direction and all I
see is our leaders hitting the gas peddle. My family is gearing up to get through
whatever is coming, and we will! Thanks for all the great info posted here!

SDF880

·
Administrator
15,092 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am I guess I would call it north central KY not too far from the Louisville area.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from Nevada. Sounds like life has given you a few short courses in what's needed to move on.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. Yeah its a kinda shakey world we live in and you never know whats comeing your way next. Its a wise person who at least plans ahead. You should find yourself in good company here with like minded folks. Hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Registered
292 Posts
A warm howdy from West Texas.

I hope that you'll find a welcome home here. It will be nice to benefit from your experiences. I hope to see many wonderful post from your in the near future.

BTW I am from West Texas! Yankee by birth but Texan by choice! If you need any assistance please feel free to PM or ask any of the helpful members/moderators

Desert Marine

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from So Central Minnesota. You sure have had some tough time. There is sooooo much information in the posts on this site. And many good people. I look forward to learning from you.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind reply's! I'm learning much here and as a line in a poem says " Miles to go before I sleep"

Thanks!

SDF880

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Welcome to the site, from here in West Virginia. Sounds like you are well on your way to being prepared. Seems, the more I watch the news, the more concerned I get.

·
Registered
103 Posts
snow storm was without power for 10 days.

sounds like the ice storm that happened about 3 or 4 years ago. lol, you must be from western ky, i just moved from paducah to st louis .

i was stuck without power for about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. Yes we live in a very shaky world these days where around every corner seems to be a surprise. Yet many continue to go through life with their head buried in the sand. Good to see a few folks at places like this one that have their eye on the ball. Hope to see you around and see you often!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts