Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to preppering but I would like to start off a little for right now just in case something does happen and we cant go to the store or something along those lines. Any suggestions would be new. Anybody else here from kentucky?

·
Super Moderator
9,263 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Just look around here and you will find lot's of good ideas. You just need to decide what's right for you and your family.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a Texan. Great to have you here with us.

Thats a great way to start, and many of us started just this way in fact. Just look at the challenges you may one day face and then address them. I started out with just having enough water and food to make it through 3 days, then a week, then a couple of weeks then a month and so on. It could be something as simple as a few bottles of water, a few cans of Smoked Oysters or Tuna Fish and some crackers at first. Something is always better than nothing. Just picking up a little extra to set aside at the grocery store makes it that simple really. Putting together a small first aid kit is a yet another step forward thats easy to do on even the most meager of budgets. When the power goes out its amazing how indispensable a 5.00 dollar battery operated LED table light and a head lamp can be! The journey of a thousand miles starts with one humble foot step followed by yet another.

Hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello from Southern Indiana.......I am right across the bridge from Louisville KY.

·
Registered
103 Posts
paducah, ky

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome from Chicago

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome from VT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In paducah, ky but I go to lexington and louisville often and live very close to ill.
Thanks everybody for the great advise Ill be looking through some stuff on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts