Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Preppers Forum! I am so excited to have found this site! I've read several old posts on various topics, and am just in awe of you all!

I admit that I am a newbie, but am proud of mine and my husband's accomplishments over the past few weeks. We already have a one month's supply of food and water for our family of four people, two dogs and two cats. Our bug out bags are packed, and we are now working on building up our propane and battery supplies.

Our family used to always only follow the 3 day supply of essentials that FEMA recommended. But over the past few months, my mindset has changed tremendously. I know that most of you do not think highly of the Doomsday Preppers show on NatGeo, and I have learned that it has been edited to make preppers seem "crazy." However, I credit that show for causing me to begin researching SHTF events, and it was a huge wake up call for me.

I admire each of you and find great encouragement in this forum.

·
Registered
238 Posts
welcome ChickenLittle 14 from Chicago, I too am in that same mindset, tell me about it, some of the users here come up with stuff that most people would never think of in a million years. Feel free to start threads about almost anything and someone will help, they have saved me so much money in time just by showing things for a different view...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forums ChickenLittle.... Glad to hear you are already prepping.... and I never discount any show that I can learn from... whether that is what to do... or what not to do. And to be honest... I actually liked that show.

Reactions: jmh033089

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jmh033089, THANK YOU for suggesting that because I have so many questions! I'll be more likely to ask now.

WoadWarrior, I never thought about it like that before. Like I said, I admire you all.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That's because you don't know us [he says with a sly bit of humor].

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Administrator
14,871 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts