Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding, I live about two feet above the ground most days, 6" above it on good weekends and the few holidays me and my wife enjoy. I figured I should post an introduce myself thread given that I failed horribly at lurking yesterday.

My wife and I live in NM, and have been preparing ourselves for the better part of the last three years now. My side of the family happily believes life will go on, and her side happily believes aliens landed and probably control everything. We're literally right in the middle; we smell disaster on the horizon, we're pretty sure its our own faults, and the side effect keeps us ready for any natural disasters that may occur in the interim.

I'm not from here, I'm actually from up north. I love my country, and I think we've done a lot of things right up there and I also think there's a lot of misconceptions down here on what we do there. I came here because my wife is American, and I never saw that coming when I was growing up. So I started studying the history, and I was blown away at what was accomplished back in the day... and saddened by what they've done to it. So while I may not be native to the region, I would and will happily fight for this way of life with the objective of getting back to its roots.

Anyways, nice to see another forum that isn't either overrun or completely off it's bonkers. Looking forward to getting to know some of you. :)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota.

What part of the Great White North are you from?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What part of the Great White North are you from?
British Columbia, on the west coast. I've lived everywhere in the southern region of BC from the Rockies to the coast line. Since then we did a couple years in Nevada before coming here to New Mexico; in the future we're hoping to settle either in Wyoming or Montana.

Welcome from SC! Send out some invites! Your wife's family sounds like they'd be interesting contributors on the forum as well! ;)
May be that I do as time goes on. I've been looking for a forum that falls in between the few I've frequented in the past, and this seems to be doing well so far.

Thanks all for the welcome!

·
Administrator
15,260 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
And you are right about this forum - it is indeed a nice place. Sometimes a loose screw finds it's way here, but they usually don't last long.

Reactions: longrider

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Another welcome from Minnesota. Stay outta Montana - it's the new Colorado for the rich. Born and raised there - it started going downhill when I left.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think my wife is leaning more towards Wyoming anyways, MrsInor. I'm even considering Idaho... I know the country up that way from growing up around it and I cannot wait until we're living where things are naturally green again.

Thanks again all, fun little forum so far. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts