Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled across this forum, and decided I would sign up. Little about me I am a HS Welding Instructor, was a traveling millwright for around 12 years till the current economy did away with the position I held with the company I worked for. I have never really looked at myself as a prepper for anything other than the fact I am fiercly self reliant and hate depending on others (my wife sometimes calls it muleheaded stubborness). I learned at an early age how to put up food from my parents, My father retired from the same company I was layed off from, being that the business was dependant on oil and gas we weathered fat and lean times with the booms and the busts. So my parents doctrine was always have enough food put back for the lean times. I garden, and can most of our vegtables (freeze some like okra and squash). Tinker with guns, hunting and fishing. My wife also likes to say I am a verifiable jack of all trades when it comes to building mechanical contraptions since if I have a need for something I would rather build, machine, or fabricate it to my own specs. I am also a wealth of useless knowledge to a lot of people who look at folks like me as old fashioned or from a different time period. Anyone want to know anything else just ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.