Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm Brian Delaney. I'm new to Prepperforums.net but not new to survival blogs & forums and prepping. I also enjoy reading a lot of the fiction novels out there that are survival/prepper/teotwawki/SHTF based. It's no surprise that I ended up writing one myself!

I just published my first novel earlier this month. It's called From Within. I'll find a for-sale area of the forum to mention a little more detail about it for those that might be interested in it.

My day job is air traffic control. I work at Centennial Airport (south Denver area) in Colorado. I enjoy talking about aviation so if you have any questions, let me know.

I have been into prepping for at least a decade. For that amount of time, I should definitely be more prepared than I am. I assume everyone says that at whatever level of preparedness they are at. LOL.

I look forward to future conversations with other members!

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
Welcome Brain ......... how about you post a chapter from your book and let us provide feedback? This is a route other's have undertaken.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Brain ......... how about you post a chapter from your book and let us provide feedback? This is a route other's have undertaken.
LOL, my nickname at work is "Brain" A supervisor accidentally wrote it that way years ago and it stuck. I won't claim it's due to smarts. I believe Amazon has tied my hands on posting portions of the book elsewhere. However, the preview on amazon allows you to read the first 5 chapters! I'll look into whether or not I can post anything here to be sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked, I am not allowed to post portions of my book due to the publishing enrollment I have with Amazon. I have my author page linked in my signature if you'd like to read see the preview (Look Inside) function on Amazon.

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Since my Daddy always said..truth is stranger than fiction. I dont do much fiction..so no need to send me any autographed first editions. Thanks anyway. Welcome.

·
Registered
272 Posts
welcome

...opsec...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since my Daddy always said..truth is stranger than fiction. I dont do much fiction..so no need to send me any autographed first editions. Thanks anyway. Welcome.
You could be the first to start a new family trend of fiction fans ;-)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
Self-sustained liveaboard
347 Posts
I am definitely not where I should be for the amount of time I've put in to prepping either. Can we claim a research period? :tango_face_grin: Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Cricket was not at fault, actually. Your signature was not a link but a book introduction.
You read the rules and then pushed the limit.
Let's not forget the "shameless plug" that I now know you did even after knowing the rule.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cricket was not at fault, actually. Your signature was not a link but a book introduction.
You read the rules and then pushed the limit.
Let's not forget the "shameless plug" that I now know you did even after knowing the rule.
@Denton

At fault?

Cricket PM'ed me admitting there is a conflict between this -> http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...member-introductions-read-before-posting.html and the rule page. The sticky does mention "book you wrote" which is why I put the info in my signature. I added a little info pertaining to the link. If you are saying the link is allowed then I'll take out the other info.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Here comes trouble !

·
Administrator
15,092 Posts
Welcome.

Reactions: BrianDelaney
1 - 20 of 44 Posts