Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the boards and fairly new to prepping. My family and I live outside Cincinnati, but I am originally from VT. My extended family back in the NorthEast Kingdom are also getting into prepping and sustainability. Looking forward to learning.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome Cinty. I have been paving streets in Cincinnati all week and live in Hamilton. Lots of good reading and info on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, way weird. I live in Hamilton too. Cool!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok, way weird. I live in Hamilton too. Cool!
I'm on the west side near Milliken Woods and played music there this afternoon. I haven't been doing much prepping since I went back to work a few weeks ago. I do have 4 chickens that just started laying a week ago. Don't tell anyone about that or the cops will come and take my chickens away, LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We live outside town on the way towards Oxford. I want chickens!!! I was thinking goats to. We are Hanover twp. so I should be able to. My hubby said rabbits would be good in the event TSHF but I know they are way lean so I told him we need fats to. Hubby plays guitar and the whole family (except my tone deaf son and brother) all sing and can play different instruments. Hi to you there in Milliken woods!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the welcome. It is a small world. When we went to my daughters graduation from boot camp a couple of years ago we found another family all the way over at Ft. Leonard Wood.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok Cinty on your locale on the way to Oxford. You probably know were the Eagles club is on Smalley Blvd. I have played there before and my cousins band plays there pretty often. It's nice out that way. Wish I could raise a few larger animals here but I'm probably pushing my luck with chickens in the city. Might check into a few rabbits. Hamilton is about half way between Cincinnati and Dayton Xplorer. And Survival have you ever heard of Hamilton being referred to as "Hamiltucky"?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ok Cinty on your locale on the way to Oxford. You probably know were the Eagles club is on Smalley Blvd. I have played there before and my cousins band plays there pretty often. It's nice out that way. Wish I could raise a few larger animals here but I'm probably pushing my luck with chickens in the city. Might check into a few rabbits. Hamilton is about half way between Cincinnati and Dayton Xplorer. And Survival have you ever heard of Hamilton being referred to as "Hamiltucky"?
LOL. When I lived in in the mid west for awhile, someone out there said I lived in Penciltucky. Made me laugh since I'm 40 miles from Philly & more urban than suburban.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from NW Arkansas!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts