Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Kimberly, Army wife and mother of three. Just moved to the "beautiful" California desert and beginner prepper.

Looking forward to learning a ton!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Welcome from the South East (SC).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! Glad to be here! And three is definitely a crazy number! :) can't wait to get started!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome Kimberly. I just got here myself a little bit ago and have already learned that a top-heavy Elvis impersonator is your best asset in a zombie apocalypse.
...seriously, it's in a post. Good place though, fun people.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Don't take CA residency, keep it where ever you came from. NV is a better state for residency.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My husband is military so I have residency in my home state and he does in his (Washington and Ohio, respectively).

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Administrator
15,099 Posts
I'm Kimberly, Army wife and mother of three. Just moved to the "beautiful" California desert and beginner prepper.

Looking forward to learning a ton!
Welcome from Florida. Thank you for serving our country in a usually forgotten, but very important role - military spouse.
Please know that each morning as part of the beginning of my day I pray for the safety of your husband and all service men and women.
I was Army, 1967-1970.

Reactions: longrider

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hello and Welcome!!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Welcome from an ex-cali,now in upper Michigan!. hope ya dont gotta stay there long.

·
Administrator
15,099 Posts
Welcome from an ex-cali,now in upper Michigan!. hope ya dont gotta stay there long.
My late son-in-law was a Yooper. He talked funny.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from Southern Minnesota. And I agree, your job is tough, hanging in, being sometimes both Mom & Dad, then relinquishing 1/2 the role when you husband comes back. As well as 1/2 the decision making. I'm sure it's not easy, but you and your compatriots are in my prayers also. As well as the military and support members. Glad you found us. This is a great place to learn.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Sadly in CA you can't legally bring your guns in, you can't go back to Washington, buy something, and legally bring it in with you. I can't advocate breaking the law, but I know plenty do and I can't blame them. Unfortunately we're not talking about immigration law so it won't be ignored if caught.

If you have active family in Washington I'd plan to bug out there; use 395 and go the back way and avoid all elements of the State of CA though you'll have to get through Oregon. At least you'd be rural - very rural - during the trip.

I've read some things you posted about the time you plan to be in CA, and that is tough. Its hard not to set down roots and expand upon them - build - grow - etc. If I was going to be some place for an indeterminate or even a determinate period of time I'd be putting my planning into bugging out. And planning is always free - its the doing that is expensive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts