Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just stumbled across this forum and it seemed like a great resource to answer some questions that I have come up with lately.

This whole pandemic business got me interested in being more prepared for future emergencies (I have always been the sort of person who never buys more than one or two days of groceries). When the first shutdown & panic buying happened, I was actually sick and couldn't leave my home for nearly two weeks. When I came out after the frenzy was over, I found the stores in my area completely bare. As I recall I was able to buy a rutabaga, garlic, salt and a loaf of bread; that's all they had as far as food, In my area all of the restaurants were closed as well. Luckily, the butcher there who was a friend of mine gave me some pork bones.

So over the past few months I have been reading about emergency preparedness and gradually buying things. I feel pretty happy with the stockpile of food, fuel and other redundancies I have built up to keep in my house and I have prepared a bug-out-bag & plan as well. The primary risks of disaster where I live are earthquake and/or tsunami (although I do live high enough that my house shouldn't be swept away the flooding could cause a variety of other disruptions), so I am working primarily with those in mind, although I have taken other possibilities into consideration as well.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Hearty welcome from DFW Texas. We havent faced any widespread shortages yet in this area..but who knows what the future might hold. The future is looking bleak form the human perspective. Kindly keep us up to speed on your adventures.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Howdy.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Hello!

Please post a pic of the Riverview Hospital!

Thanks

Slippy! :vs_wave:

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,033 Posts
Welcome,
BC is such a beautiful place, is it as mucked up as Washington state? The left has destroyed Seattle, has it done the same thing for Victoria?

As I recall I was able to buy a rutabaga, garlic, salt and a loaf of bread; that's all they had as far as food, In my area all of the restaurants were closed as well. Luckily, the butcher there who was a friend of mine gave me some pork bones.
The supply system in Tampa St Pete held up, but bread & toilet paper just flew off of the shelves. And so did whole milk, but it was endurable.

Reactions: bigwheel

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
I unloaded many a railroad flat car of SPF lumber from British Columbia back in my working days.
About the only brand name i can remember now is Tolko. But there were others.

Reactions: CapitalKane49p

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome,
BC is such a beautiful place, is it as mucked up as Washington state? The left has destroyed Seattle, has it done the same thing for Victoria?

The supply system in Tampa St Pete held up, but bread & toilet paper just flew off of the shelves. And so did whole milk, but it was endurable.
Victoria, Vancouver they are all lost to leftist hoards.

Godspeed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
I unloaded many a railroad flat car of SPF lumber from British Columbia back in my working days.
About the only brand name i can remember now is Tolko. But there were others.
Tolko, I planted many a tree for those guys. Used to get paid great money to work in places in BC that tourists would pay big dollars to visit. Those were better days.

Godspeed.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome,

My wife was thrilled when I stumbled over clorox wipes at Wally World Neighborhood Market with a limit of two. Rumor is a person can still buy ammo if they can figure out what day the ammo delivery trucks aririve at Academy Sports and get up early to get in line. Similar to getting a Chicom flu vaccine sorta.

·
Super Moderator
8,664 Posts
Howdy from Texas. You'll find a lot of information here and plenty of folks to answer questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome,

It wasn't an issue of left or right, the panic buyers included everyone here. Some family members of mine proudly told me about the 4 cases of Costco toilet paper they managed to get (they live on the mainland). Mostly the issue was that I live on an island and the supply chain was a bit slow to deal with the shock. It's been back to normal for a few months now.

Please post a pic of the Riverview Hospital!
I don't think I can do links and pictures because I am too new to the forum. But trust me, I took a wrong turn into there last year and it's creepier than ever. A lot of the buildings have been abandoned for so long they are starting to decay and many of the windows are smashed. It looks right out of a Stephen King book.

Anyways thank-you for the welcome everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts