Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I started prepping when Europe came short of a blackout a few years ago.
My circumstances here are not ideal since I live with my wife and two kids in a (big) flat at the outskirts of our capital, but we make do.
We have food and water for 30 days, at the moment Im working ongetting a stove installed.

I came here to learn some new stuff and perspectives. Looking forward to read from you guys & girls.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,017 Posts
Howdy, and welcome!
Glad to have you.

Reactions: Grim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

thanks for the nice welcome. :)

@Kauboy do you have some german speaking connection, guessing from our username.

@Robie you are right. Im very glad god put me here.

@Auntie Yeah thats right, and we will have to be vaccinated mandatory with 1st Feb. 2022.
Politics failed the whole year and had to take this drastic measures to prevent the caresystem from crashing. Which is especially sad since we have one of the highest ICU to population ratings in the world, still they managed to f-it up.

Lockdown here looks like this. You are allowed to leave the house for work (vaccinated or PCR tested), medical reasons, grocery shopping, to visit the closest family, take care of people in need, and to rest in nature. Like a walk in the park or something like this, no hiking 20miles away from home.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
Hi,
thanks for the nice welcome. :)
@Kauboy do you have some german speaking connection, guessing from our username.
Sorry to disappoint.
I've had that moniker since high school. I guess 13yo me though it was pretty good and current me is too tired and lazy to argue with that kid. 😁

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to disappoint.
I've had that moniker since high school. I guess 13yo me though it was pretty good and current me is too tired and lazy to argue with that kid. 😁
Never change a running system. :)
But I guess you know that kau means chew in german, but sounds like the english cow when spoken? So your username is clever for someone german and english speaking.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
Never change a running system. :)
But I guess you know that kau means chew in german, but sounds like the english cow when spoken? So your username is clever for someone german and english speaking.
;)

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Hearty welcome from DFW Texas. Good job on the prepping. I hung aound with a guy who knew a lot of German since he had been stationed over there in the Army...and he taught me quite a few phrases. I like this one pretty good, "Leibling..commie zee heah mitt da hosein in dah hahn." The beer serving frauleins at the local watering hole always got a chuckle out of it. Now one of them did say those type of hosein should be called "hooten hosein." Any clues on that? Thanks. I can also ask folks if they sprakenzie deutch? Which can lead to a long winded one sided conversation when they say Yah..and start saying stuff I dont know. It takes a while to convince em thats all you know to say in that language.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
should be called "hooten hosein." Any clues on that?
No sorry, no idea. Maybe that was a local thing? Ha, that reminds me of a story from my mother in law. Her parents had a summer house in hungary. So she knew some basics like thank you, and you are welcome in hungarian. One time she boards a flight and one guy talking hungarian at his cellphone makes her some room so she can get to her seat. She says thank you in hungarian, that was it, he talked to her 2,5h non stop in hungarian without her understanding one word. :D

This popped up in my news feed: Unvax Tax: Expert Proposes Monthly Fines for the Unvaccinated

How many of your countrymen would pay the tax, and how many of them would run your leaders out on a rail?
Oh, yes thats an idea. I dont think it will be implemented. To have the right backround information you have to know that we have a other care system here in Austria. Its called social insurance. Everyone has to pays tax into big govermental insurance companies and everyone benefits from it. So the idea is that someone who doesnt get vaxxed willingly takes higher risk of high cost mediacal care everyone pays for. That why they should pay extra tax for it, like you have to for other stuff that likely higher your risk for medical care. Like high taxes on tobaco, alcohol, motorcycles and cars etc.
Of course thats a veeeery gray area without defined borders and designed to push people into getting vacinated.

I dont think somebody would run our leaders out. But there would be protest for sure. We are a deeply democratic country and the unpleasant part of democraty is to accept the mandates that most of the people voted for. We also have more then two parties to vote on and a very strict and public voting system, so I guess our leaders have to stay on their toes. ...still lots of crapis happening of course.

·
Super Moderator
10,017 Posts
Oh, yes thats an idea. I dont think it will be implemented. To have the right backround information you have to know that we have a other care system here in Austria. Its called social insurance. Everyone has to pays tax into big govermental insurance companies and everyone benefits from it. So the idea is that someone who doesnt get vaxxed willingly takes higher risk of high cost mediacal care everyone pays for. That why they should pay extra tax for it, like you have to for other stuff that likely higher your risk for medical care. Like high taxes on tobaco, alcohol, motorcycles and cars etc.
Of course thats a veeeery gray area without defined borders and designed to push people into getting vacinated.

I dont think somebody would run our leaders out. But there would be protest for sure. We are a deeply democratic country and the unpleasant part of democraty is to accept the mandates that most of the people voted for. We also have more then two parties to vote on and a very strict and public voting system, so I guess our leaders have to stay on their toes. ...still lots of crapis happening of course.
So they can increase this tax you pay to the social insurance without providing evidentiary proof of their claim that supports the increase?
How have they shown, with verified proof, that unvaccinated people impose a higher cost on your health care system? Have they done the analysis on the cost of vaccinated people, and their potential impact?

Speaking from an American perspective, your line about "the unpleasant part of democracy" is exactly why the founders of our country outright rejected true democracy. This instance is mild evidence for their belief that a true democracy can impose unfair and unjust measures on the minority. I hope you have something akin to a constitution that protects some aspects of your life from the whims of a simple majority vote.
Growing up under such a system, I'm sure you believe there are some great benefits to it. Unfortunately, I cannot share that perspective, as I have never known it. As an outside observer, I can only watch and wait to see if my country's founders were right, that true democracy inevitably leads to corruption of the majority.

I don't know your personal feelings concerning the vaccine, and you're free to keep that personal information to yourself. I respect individual privacy, and would never pry.
What I will say is, there is a great evil driving these mandates, all under the guise of "health". The virus has a 95% average survival rate across all ages. In my humble opinion, that is insufficient justification for mandating vaccination. It should remain a personal choice.
I'll be keeping an eye on your protests. Hopefully they are better received than those currently happening in Australia.
Stay safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts