Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to prepping. Trying to learn all I can before it is too late. Just never know what will happen one moment to the next. Things may happen or may not happen at all. In any case I am trying my best to be prepared. I live in a small town so things are tight as it is. Adding to everything going on, I rather not take the chance of having to leave and not be prepared how to survive. So I am prepping the best I can. Trying to learn new things, get the basic supplies needed in case the time comes that all SHTF and no longer being in city limits is safe.

What are some basics that you recommend other than Food, Water? I got food, water and a few other things like clothes, tarps, paracord and more. Plus things I am still wanting to get asap.

I have a small home base business working on computers and other tech devices. Business comes and goes in waves. So during the current down time I am trying to learn and prep for as much as I can.

I may not be as prepared as others but I am sure not going to sit down and take it easy then cry when things get really really bad.

Reactions: CC Pereira

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,599 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

We like to point newbies to this thread:

Start there, cover the basics, and then start thinking about areas you want to expand in and questions that will naturally arise from that planning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy and welcome!

We like to point newbies to this thread:

Start there, cover the basics, and then start thinking about areas you want to expand in and questions that will naturally arise from that planning.
Thank you, I will look this over.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country.

My Mom was born in Van Buren and her Mom and Dad had some land, way back when, 30 minutes S of Ft Smith. Now the city limits are close and what was way out in the country is now fairly populated.

Share what you know.
Ask what you don’t know.
My opinion - the only dumb question is the one you have and don’t ask.

Reactions: Prepper911

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country.

My Mom was born in Van Buren and her Mom and Dad had some land, way back when, 30 minutes S of Ft Smith. Now the city limits are close and what was way out in the country is now fairly populated.

Share what you know.
Ask what you don’t know.
My opinion - the only dumb question is the one you have and don’t ask.
I live in Scott County. So close to Fort Smith. Yes allot has changed. It would be neat to meet like minded people sometime in Fort Smith before everything gets really bad.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome from California, you should have a daily exercise routine in shape. Things that would be good to have is a BAOFENG or similar two way radio, alternate source of power possibly a portable solar panel..Generator..etc; propane camp stove, propane or dual fuel lantern or battery. You'll think this is kinda strange but include games and cards to play when/if power is out, I also keep a AM/FM battery radio handy when the power is out.....some people get bored when they don't have a TV but the games and radio helps.

Anyhow, you'll find a lot of good info on this site if you can't find what you want....ask I haven't heard anyone say " just use the search function" on this site. :)

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
Welcome from rural NE Florida.
With the current, and coming, supply chain problems I would suggest having a minimum of one year's nonperishable food put back.
When COVID first started, my wife increased our one year supply to three years.

If you already live in a small town, plan to stay there.
People speak of "bugging out" like it's a necessary evil. It's almost always better to stay where you are.

Do you have some sort of firearm to defend you and your family?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from rural NE Florida.
With the current, and coming, supply chain problems I would suggest having a minimum of one year's nonperishable food put back.
When COVID first started, my wife increased our one year supply to three years.

If you already live in a small town, plan to stay there.
People speak of "bugging out" like it's a necessary evil. It's almost always better to stay where you are.

Do you have some sort of firearm to defend you and your family?

Between me and my mom we have around a year of food if we ration it. I have a small gun though need more ammo. My mom doesn't believe in guns. I only have one because you just never know. We do continue to get food as often as we are able. It is getting harder to get it though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: CapitalKane49p

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Hearty welcome from DFW Texas. Must confess to having Arkie Kin. The oldest boy and his branch of the clan hang out up twitxt Beebe and Cabot. Im not much of a serious prepper highly believing the Lord will protect me and mine..so I probably cant give very good advice about most things dealing with surviving.lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hearty welcome from DFW Texas. Must confess to having Arkie Kin. The oldest boy and his branch of the clan hang out up twitxt Beebe and Cabot. Im not much of a serious prepper highly believing the Lord will protect me and mine..so I probably cant give very good advice about most things dealing with surviving.lol.
I do believe that the Lord will provide as well. He has many times for me and continues daily. I do also believe that God wants us to be wise as well. Yes God can deliver the food to your door. However God has blessed with the opportunity to stock up on stuff as well.

Reactions: bigwheel
1 - 17 of 17 Posts