Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is new to me, but, the way things are going, I'm afraid not to start getting ready for an emergency! I live in a very small community with less than 800 people. Everyone is on a private well, and in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. This frightens me if we should lose power. In the summer, daytime temps often exceed 120 in the shade and well over 140 in the full sun. We have rattlesnakes--which scare me beyond reason. Lots of small game-rabbits, quail, and doves, so I know I would not lack for meat. Don't know how well I'd like coyote, but could find out if necessary. Storing well water is something I don't know about. My husband is retired and has parkinson's disease and is diabetic, so that worries me too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Welcome from N.E. Arizona. I used to live down there and understand your plight. What you need to store water is a large water tank. You can get the 1500 gal free standing type (black plastic) and simply pump water into it until it is full. From there, since it is not likely to freeze, if nothing else you can install a faucet on the bottom and pull water from it. As far as emergency power is concerned, all you need is about a 5 k gennie that has 220v capibility, dryer type plug usually or 4 prong twist lock, and then you can connect it to your well to pump water with. Using an extension cord from the gennie, you can also power up your refer and a small room air conditioner or swamp coooler. But it has to be running to use it. That means gas or propane, and the bigger the generator , the more gas it will use.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts