Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New prepper started about a month ago. I have been hitting the forums and let me tell you if the SHTF a majority of you have YOUR s**t TOGETHER. I am very impressed. I have no prep for any one type of situation just prepping for the unexpected and hope I never need it. Just watching out for the family. wife was a little reluctant and still is to a point. I have a tendancy to one track and when I start something I am full blown involved when not working. However after dehydrating about 10lbs of apples in my HOMEMADE DEHYDRATOR (yes I made one) and making apple jelly from cores and peels she warmed up abit.
Hopefully after a while and I get my experience I can contribute to others about my success and failures and be an asset to prepping

Chelseaprepper

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome from Colorado. Yeah... I'd be interested in seeing your setup as well. And... I am curious if you used an internet based recipe for the jelly or something passed down from family or friends.. and how it worked out for you. Any lessons learned you'd care to share?

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
Welcome aboard, also from Alabama.

These people here are crazy-smart, and the knowledge some of them have is awesome. I say some, so that I might be left out of the equation. I'm here to learn, too. My background is shooting, and shooting doesn't grow much food! :-D

Enjoy and absorb!

·
Registered
292 Posts
New prepper started about a month ago. I have been hitting the forums and let me tell you if the SHTF a majority of you have YOUR s**t TOGETHER. I am very impressed. I have no prep for any one type of situation just prepping for the unexpected and hope I never need it. Just watching out for the family. wife was a little reluctant and still is to a point. I have a tendancy to one track and when I start something I am full blown involved when not working. However after dehydrating about 10lbs of apples in my HOMEMADE DEHYDRATOR (yes I made one) and making apple jelly from cores and peels she warmed up abit.
Hopefully after a while and I get my experience I can contribute to others about my success and failures and be an asset to prepping

Chelseaprepper
Howdy Chelseaprepper,

Welcome from West Texas. Glad to have another one join our ranks. I'm sure you'll fit right in. Lots of experience people here from various walks of life. I would say. Slow down and work on those things that are critical for anyone prepping: beans, bullets and band aids. Cover these areas first and then start to branch out.

Desert Marine
Troy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automotive lighting Shade Wood Curtain Heat
Automotive tire Wood Tire Building Wheel
Wood Building Hardwood Gas Pet supply
This is the dehydrator I built I used 3/4" plywood cut to these measurments
2pc 13.5"x 18" top/bottom 2pcs 18"x27" sides 2pcs 13.5"x28.5" back/ door I used a couple 2x2x18" for corner supports at the bottom the rest I just screwed into to plywood and it is plenty strong. I used 3 3" hinges for the door put a little weather stripping around the front which the door closes onto. drilled 2 small holes in the bottom and cut the female end off extension cords wired the porcelin light fixtures and secured to bottom (use a small piece of plywood to elevate fixture off bottoms so electrical wire will not be in contact with wood) Cut 10 2x2x17.5" for the shelf supports put first 8" from the light bulbs the rest just eyeballed for even spacing got 5 total. drilled 4 3/4" inch holes on the sides 2 about 3" from the bottom then the other 2 about halfway up for ventilation. drilled 6 3/4"holes in the top to vent. I got a small grill thermometer and drill an 1/8" hole in door so I can push it in to check temp it reach 156 degrees (not bad) not that difficult took me about 2 hours would have been less but i was watching a football game on TV and would get distracted. Hope the pictures help. I do recommend however be at home and don't leave this is for sure not a UL listed product so start early in the morning do yard work, PREP more gear just hang around took about 12 hrs for my apples when I get a small fan installed it my cut the time down. PS put cinnamon on the apples dehydrate till crispy they are awsome.

Chelseaprepper

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
First big Welcome from Texas. While I am a native born Texan most of my family was originally from Alabama, so that state has a soft spot in my heart! Great to have you here with us and glad you joined. Thats a sweet dehydrator you fashioned up there and I might have to inquire on some details soon. Thanks for posting it!!! Hope to see and hear a lot more from you in the very near future!

·
Administrator
15,450 Posts
Welcome Florida.
Come on in and sit a spell. The coffee's always on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts