Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I've been lurking and reading and decided this forum was worth joining. You all are wonderful to share your ideas and information, and I'm glad to have found a group of like-minded folks.

I started prepping before I knew it was called prepping. Back in 2007, at the insistence of one of my professors, I read the classic The Grapes of Wrath. Once I finished the book, I quickly realized just how much I was depending upon the outside world to fulfill my basic needs. I went into action right away by adding several fruit trees, various berries and brambles and 3 gardens to my property. We've also accumulated various things to ensure a long-term food supply. Now our focus is on security and a bol.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hello from Nevada. Wish I was as far along as you with having the space for gardens. I think that when it all comes down to the final analysis, we are all, even those who have been doing it for years and have enough to equip and food for a small army, are really just "wannabes". There is always something out there that we spot that causes us to think, "Ya' know, I think that I just might need one of those elongated super survival camouflaged getsfidgets". I've only been a member of the forum for a very short period of time, and and I have learned much from both the ladies and the guys on this set than I new for the past few years. Reading this forum has helped move me from just security and ammo to food, equipment and other house hold supplies and rethinking the issue of having a second location. This will overwhelm you if you let it. Make a rough plan and keep it in the "definite maybe" category that allows you to adjust your needs as to what you see. We of a military or para-military background refer to it as situational awareness. I tell a joke on myself in that "yesterday I couldn't spell it, and today I found out that I is one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
welcome to the prepper world. My wifes family is in pa right near york. we are only 45 min away. let us know if you need any supplies or wise food to start stocking up on. we just posted a few pics in the pic gallery or check us out at zoomsday survival gear . com

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us and joined. Its amazing what an effect those light bulb moments in life can make. Sounds like your off to an astounding start though. At anyrate, hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Administrator
15,088 Posts
Welcome from Florida

1 - 14 of 14 Posts