·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this isnt my video but i thought i would post it

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
I have seen this before. He is a moron looking for confrontation that's why he taped this from the beginning. Did you notice how his attitude changed towards the end?

·
Registered
887 Posts
operation defund jails and local police has been active in my community since I can remember. The jail has 1/3 of its beds left open. The local police not being COMPLETELY faithful to there mission statement are proving a tougher nut to defund.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The nerve of a law abiding American citizen doing something 100% legal and taping how police violate his rights. It's a good thing he backed off though, otherwise they could have killed him for being legal and we would never know. Rights, what rights, you have the rights they say you have when they say you have a right. Don't you just love freedom! Dam, I hate when I use my right to free speech or use my 2nd amendment rights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, he was trying to prove a point...and he did.

I respect the difficulty of being a police officer. I respect that they had to respond to the public's calls and check it out. Then they needed to say good day and let the man continue his walk. Those officers were an embarrassment to the badge and our freedoms. Specifically the one with all his "what if's".

"What if you just came from a robbery?" Seriously... What if anyone walking (unarmed) just finished beating their wife to death with a frying pan? Still don't have to tell you where I've been or where I'm going or why the hell I might just feel like being on foot.

Of course he was looking for this confrontation...he wanted to see what would happen and show the world. I think he handled himself fine and the officers...not so much.

He succeeded in showing me that we can't trust all police to work within the limits of the laws they are supposed to. Sad...but I already knew it.

·
Registered
24,260 Posts
Tell me, what was the purpose of carrying a shotgun?

What would have been better is if the cops just ignored them, not giving them what they wanted.

I understand the point, but they made fools of themselves going about it in such a moronic manner.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, he really is helping out the 'legal cause'.
He is right....but he is also in the wrong.

Other laws [we have so friggin' many] are what keep you[him] from
being right.....
They could have arrested him on a simple law 'to incite' and he would
have been screwed, 2A...5A.....don't matter.

Why go poke a cornered cat with a stick ????
His intentions seem clear from the start.....
In this case.....15.59 minutes of personal fame.

He is lucky his dad rescued him.....which is weird,
how did it come for him to show up?

I am for our rights......PERIOD !
No wavering !
Why would you intentionally provoke the [fill in the blank] ?

Reactions: inceptor and Denton

·
Registered
280 Posts
He parked his car at BP....
walked down the side of a 4-lane
with heavy traffic.....
filming it.
I am not saying that is illegal.......
I am asking....two things, as you reply about him.....
[car ain't broke down]
Why would he do this ?
Would you do this ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am a PO in Washington,We get the occasional call on people open carrying and ignore them. Its legal so drive by and waive why make a problem. Some of the younger people get bent over this but they need to remember we dont write um we just enforce um.

·
Registered
192 Posts
cop was a huge asshole.
Its funny how the beat officer will reflect the position of the chief on things like this, it may be legal but we will make it uncomfortable. Police brass should be prohibited from having any input or position publicly on any new law, or issue.

·
Registered
24,260 Posts
I am a PO in Washington,We get the occasional call on people open carrying and ignore them. Its legal so drive by and waive why make a problem. Some of the younger people get bent over this but they need to remember we dont write um we just enforce um.
Teach them well, and they'll be the next you.

There's a reason I bailed from criminal justice. I didn't want to be an enforcer. There is a difference between a peace officer seeing a felony being committed and making an arrest and a police officer a misdemeanor being committed and arresting without an injured party and all that.

Then again, we have also stopped being a culture that stood for character, forgot who to use peer pressure to alter bad behavior and have become believers in wearing skirts and letting badges speak for us.

More reason to disconnect from cities and connecting with the woods.

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
Personal experience, you can always find a fight if you are looking for one. Going around with the attitude "I'm right, your wrong and see, I'm going to prove it" is provoking undo attention and changed nothing. Another guy on you tube purposely parades on the sidewalk in front of his house with a pistol on his hip just to provoke a confrontation. Right or wrong, what are you going to do if I get in your face? Did this guy look to make a change? The only attention he gets is on you tube. He wanted his 15 minutes of fame and has it only in some quarters.

Laws are what keep a society civil. If you disagree with something there are ways to change it. Look at the left. They are a minority but are pushing the majority of the changes. Most people don't care one way or the other, hence the lack of people voting decreases each election year. Doing something just for the confrontation does little to no good. Look at the occupy movement. Here was a group of morons that created a disturbance and got their 15 minutes of fame. Drugs, rape and general mayem were talked about but mostly ignored. They changed nothing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think they were both asshats! both were wrong and right at the same times! but the wrong of each outweighed the right! Thus I convict both of "assholeism!"
:)

And Hi everyone.. new guy here! WOOT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts