·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a stove similar to this one:

Gadget Composite material Font Data storage device Computer component

It uses cannisters similar to this:

Brown Bottle Liquid Bottle cap Fluid

But, damn, they are hard to find. I was able to order just one through Sportsman's Warehouse, but REI is out. Guess the supply chain issues are affecting this product.

Oh, well. I have other stoves, but this one is so simple to set up and use, it's the one I prefer to take camping.

Looks like Amazon has them, I just need to figure out where they can ship them to. Any advice on how to get these shipped?

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I buy 'em off FaceSpace MarketPlace. They're already in town, all I need to do is go pick 'em up. And they're usually cheaper than Wally World and Amazon.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
If you're near an Asian market like global or Lotte they have 4 packs all the time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tried to buy through several sites, none will ship these things.

Edit: I was able to get them from Walmart, all I have to do is pick them up.

Thank you.
Ordered 3 for pickup, then got a text saying "part of your order is ready for pickup."

Yeah, I'm gonna drive all the way there only to find you only have one? Thanks, Wally. :mad:

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Ordered 3 for pickup, then got a text saying "part of your order is ready for pickup."

Yeah, I'm gonna drive all the way there only to find you only have one? Thanks, Wally. :mad:
What's worse is when you see their website says, "37 in stock", so you go there... only to find out they must be ordered online. So you go home, fire up the computer, make the order... then expect to get a tracking number only to get a message saying they're ready to pick up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's worse is when you see their website says, "37 in stock", so you go there... only to find out they must be ordered online. So you go home, fire up the computer, make the order... then expect to get a tracking number only to get a message saying they're ready to pick up.
:LOL:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most restaurant supply houses sell multipacks cheaply. They’re used by caterers. I get them locally from Gordon Food Services but there’s two other local wholesale restaurant suppliers near me that sell them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent tip, and I have a restaurant supply close by. Thanks!

·
Registered
Medical and Health
28 Posts
I have a stove similar to this one:

View attachment 114758

It uses cannisters similar to this:

View attachment 114759
But, damn, they are hard to find. I was able to order just one through Sportsman's Warehouse, but REI is out. Guess the supply chain issues are affecting this product.

Oh, well. I have other stoves, but this one is so simple to set up and use, it's the one I prefer to take camping.

Looks like Amazon has them, I just need to figure out where they can ship them to. Any advice on how to get these shipped?
Check restaurant supply stores.
Excellent tip, and I have a restaurant supply close by. Thanks!
Here is a link to an online restaurant supply store with butane canisters in stock

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Most restaurant supply houses sell multipacks cheaply. They’re used by caterers. I get them locally from Gordon Food Services but there’s two other local wholesale restaurant suppliers near me that sell them too.
I agree with Pete. A few days ago when I was at the Gordon Food Services local store I saw a pile of the canisters.

·
Registered
178 Posts
OMG Queens NY is the worst place for a prepper/survivalist/camper when it comes to buying fuel. In Nassau County you could go to your local Walgreens/Walmart and pick up a butane, propane, or white gas right off the shelf, but the same stores in Queens & NYC don't carry these products.

Most places wont deliver either as our strict state laws here do not allow fuel to be delivered to some parts around here.

I have a few 16 oz. propane stoves, but in Queens I only use my Coleman duel fuel stoves as gasoline is the only thing here easy to get. I have 2 propane stoves, 2 propane BBQs (both using 16 oz. canisters), 4 Coleman single burner 533 duel fuel stoves, 3 Coleman 2 burner Guide series briefcase stoves, 3 compact wood burning stoves, and 2 alcohol stoves.

Translation: Party at Spenser's place, RSVP by Dooms Day...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was in an Ace Hardware store yesterday, and noticed they had about 6 butane canisters for sale, $7 each. Good to know, but I'm stocked up for now (and later, lol).

Guess these things are pretty ubiquitous, once you stop looking for them.

The stove I posted about in the first post is the easiest stove I've ever used. Hook up the canister, click to light and that's it. I have several other stoves, but this is my go-to. Nope, it's not the smallest, but for car camping, it's perfect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts