1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Bought a new axe needed one badly and I dressed it up with some leather work.

Good looking axe. Have you used Prandi before? I never heard of them before your post.

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good looking axe. Have you used Prandi before? I never heard of them before your post.
No I haven't used them before. Made in Italy supposedly its a 48 buck Amazon binge purchase during the Kung F.U.

It looks fairly well built but I need to use it a while to see if it holds up good.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
No I haven't used them before. Made in Italy supposedly its a 48 buck Amazon binge purchase during the Kung F.U.

It looks fairly well built but I need to use it a while to see if it holds up good.
Maybe it was forged by the Kung flu master! $48 is a great deal for a quality axe. The leather work doubles the value at least.

Reactions: hawgrider

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
It gets good reviews. According to one chap who reviews axes, it's got everything it takes to be an axe/hatchet of choice.

I saw Wranglerstar review them 3-4-5 years ago. He was impressed.

It will definitely process fire wood, help build a camp...or split a few heads, should the need arise.

Hmmmm...yeah, like I need another axe like I need a hole in the head.

·
Administrator
14,690 Posts
Nice work, Hawg.

I don't mean to be picky, but in the Southron language that is a hatchet.
An axe has a 28" to 36" handle and a 4 or 5 pound head.
I have two, a shorter 24" and a larger 32". But at 71 years of age the chainsaw is better for me. Although, back in the day, before I could afford a chainsaw, those axes felled some trees.

My hatchet is an Estwing (like the hammers) with leather washer grip over steel handle.
I'm going to check out that brand you have, it looks like quality.

I get my woodlot tools from Bailey's Chainsaw. They have quality things from tools to work clothes. www.baileysonline.com I've been a customer long enough they regularly send catalogs and weekly emails on sale stuff.

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It gets good reviews. According to one chap who reviews axes, it's got everything it takes to be an axe/hatchet of choice.

I saw Wranglerstar review them 3-4-5 years ago. He was impressed.

It will definitely process fire wood, help build a camp...or split a few heads, should the need arise.

Hmmmm...yeah, like I need another axe like I need a hole in the head.
We have a very large dead tree at deer camp I believe we are going to saw a flat spot in the trunk and toss a few sharp objects at it for entertainment while camping there.

And for splitting kindling and building dead fall deer blinds and such.

Yeah reviews weren't too bad. A couple complaining about handle fit but overall not bad.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Bought a new axe needed one badly and I dressed it up with some leather work.

Nice hatchet. Can you give us a hint where you got it

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work, Hawg.

I don't mean to be picky, but in the Southron language that is a hatchet.
An axe has a 28" to 36" handle and a 4 or 5 pound head.
I have two, a shorter 24" and a larger 32". But at 71 years of age the chainsaw is better for me. Although, back in the day, before I could afford a chainsaw, those axes felled some trees.

My hatchet is an Estwing (like the hammers) with leather washer grip over steel handle.
I'm going to check out that brand you have, it looks like quality.

I get my woodlot tools from Bailey's Chainsaw. They have quality things from tools to work clothes. www.baileysonline.com I've been a customer long enough they regularly send catalogs and weekly emails on sale stuff.
Yup you are correct technically a hatchet. Round these parts though we axe you if your gonna bring yer fiddle over yonder and sit a spell. :vs_lol:

·
Registered
10,586 Posts
mighty purty right there. I have a dull spliting mall. Do those things need sharpening? Thanks. It has a plastic yellow handle.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
mighty purty right there. I have a dull spliting mall. Do those things need sharpening? Thanks. It has a plastic yellow handle.
Not usually.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts