Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i worked alot of these on holiday pay and holiday routine....
now that i am retired, no holiday pay, but its still holiday routine

yall have a happy and safe mlk day friends!

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
MLK drive must be a very long street. It goes thru Grand Rapids, Lansing and Detroit that I know of here in Michigan.It prolly snakes it's way down to Memphis TN also.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
happy mlk day! watching a documentary right now on him, talks about the north being racist too. i was always shamed into believing it was just the south. even though the ugliness didnt belong to me. thanks dr king! heh its sad what we let people assign to us as a group simply where we were born. and to others the color they were born.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i am the only white person at my company. a lot of conversations end with, of course you would you're southern.
and i just dont engage, thats when any conversation ends.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Today is the 30th anniversary of my bride and I getting married (time flies).

How it also became MLK Day and Inauguration Day is a matter of a calendar advancing through the years.

I am supposed to buy her pearls. Or the modern equivalent is supposed to be diamonds.

Instead, maybe I should buy her an AR and some ammo -- they seem to be going up in value much faster!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
happy anniversary to you and yer bride! very nice. yes get her the ar... depends on what kind of lady she is. jewelry is always safe :) or hell 30 yrs? get her both!

·
Registered
640 Posts
happy mlk day! watching a documentary right now on him, talks about the north being racist too. i was always shamed into believing it was just the south. even though the ugliness didnt belong to me. thanks dr king! heh its sad what we let people assign to us as a group simply where we were born. and to others the color they were born.
What I find funny is that most people have a screwed up perspective on history. Slavery was practiced in at least four northern states plus DC. And... the emancipation proclamation only freed the slaves in the North... since Lincoln had no authority in the South. But... history ignores slavery in the north. They ignore that the KKK was started by a Democrat... that it was the Democratic South that had Slavery and the Republican President that abolished it. I just don't understand how people can ignore facts. And... get pissed when you tell them the facts. Oh well... those are usually the first to ignore the facts that get them killed as well... so I don't expect them to be a problem when SHTF. :)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
MLK and nobama, both have/had a dream and neither dream has or will solved the problems we face and neither, IMO, is a hero or a saviour! And, IMO, both want others to give up rights so other can have theirs, but they don't want to compromise and they will never be satisfied, just like liberals, all take and no give. I know, it's not PC, but it seems to be true to me.

So, no, it's not a happy day, IMO, it's just another day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts