Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading a bunch of reports that the damaged reactor at Fukushima is poisoning the Pacific Ocean. Some are saying that the radiation has reached the west coast.
This seems to be a BIG DEAL! Yet our main stream media has barely said a peep on it.
I know only a little about radiation. Basically what I was taught in NBC training in the Corps. This one scares me a bit. It would seem that the damage being done could have long lasting consequences to our planet.
Am I worried over nothing or are my concerns justified here?

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Yup, been following it. There is cause for concern.
Stay healthy and keep your immune system strong.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
My money is on the coverup.

It will be kept under wraps until it becomes a full fledged nightmare, . . . then somehow it will become Bush's fault, . . . Reagan's fault, . . . what the heck, . . . maybe even Nixon.

The Japanese first didn't want to open that can of worms, . . . and the more I hear on the underground, . . . the more certain I am that I am glad I don't live on the left coast.

They did the same thing back in the late 40's and 50's with the desert out west where they tested the A bombs and H bombs. Thousands of folks went in there after it was declared "safe" and as a result, died of low dose radiation poisoning.

There was an article some time back that linked some of the western's filmed nearby, . . . and actors & crew dying of cancer in much higher % than the regular population.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
it made the news again last night, it's slowly poisoning the ocean, but the toxicity is under the "legal limit" but fail to tell us the legal limit was raised since the disaster...

it's a problem that needs to be fixed NOW, but they say 40 years till it's good again

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
965 Posts
You say legal limit, do you mean safe limit? Cause that's what I've heard they raised.
Cancer ratites are sure to rise, but if your trying to depopulate the world I am sure a rise in the cancer rates is a good thing.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I'm going to really, really pissed if the turtles are affected.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have a decent Geiger counter and I am not getting above normal reading here in Montana, I did however just purchase this:

NukAlert? Radiation Detector, Meter, Monitor and Alarm

My wife and I have a 20th anniversary trip to Oahu in Feburary and I will be taking this along, I'll keep you updated...

Btw I don't swim even in non-radiated waters so I am thinking I will just fast the entire time and come home skinny

haha

Reactions: Old SF Guy

·
Registered
461 Posts
Have seen that yes. Sucks to be on the West Coast.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
You say legal limit, do you mean safe limit? Cause that's what I've heard they raised.
Cancer ratites are sure to rise, but if your trying to depopulate the world I am sure a rise in the cancer rates is a good thing.
they referred to.it as a legal limit, probably a way to shift the focus on the Google users...

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
I believe Bush approved new radiation guidelines before he left office. They dramatically raised the amount of radiation that was deemed "safe" in drinking water. It was a big deal at the time. Now we have Obama doing the same type of thing. When does it end?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I read yesterday that spot radiation readings on San Francisco beach reached 1500 time normal level. But we're told "not to worry" by the fed's.
My potassium Iodine should be arriving this week...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Certain News sites been reporting about this for like 4 weeks now didn't want to get some of the peeps in a uproar again so didn't post it....But yes pacific got some problems and its about the time it was predicted to be showing up on our shores this was predicted a few months ago...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Not a real surprise. The north pacific current, sometimes called the north pacific drift flows towards our west coast, just a matter of time.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
None of the levels are even dangerous at this point. At the rate this radioactivity is diffused by the ocean it will not likely become dangerous.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sea food will be a problem. Mercury has been a problem for years. Been told not to eat sea food more then once a week, and now this. My girlfriend loves sea food. I mentioned to her you should check where it comes from, Atlantic or Pacific. Blank stare. I explained to her why and get the "what ever" response.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Don't react to the fear mongers - check out the reality for yourself. Give the UW a call and find out what they have to say about it.
Look at alternative news and when you hear something look into it to find out if there is a reason to stay away from it or not.
Nobody on the coast is glowing yet and no cases of poisoning anywhere along the coast or in Hawaii. So far this is a "non-event" that sells air time and newspapers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I read somewhere not sure where but it said goverment admited theyre stocking up on iodine because of fukushima.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts