Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plenty of long gun racks. Most horizontal on the wall others vertical.

But, I cannot find a single wall display system I like for hand guns. I do not like the shelf system where a rod goes in the muzzle. The add on side by side system is awful looking.

The only idea I can think of consist of a board with dowel at about 85 degree angle. One to fit through the trigger guard and another for balance support.

Two drawbacks of such a system: One safety. I do not like the idea of putting a loaded gun on a peg through the trigger guard. So all on display must be unloaded. I keep no rounds chambered in semi-auto but that does not work with revolvers. The second disadvantage is the second peg must vary gun to gun.

I know you guys have long since solved this. So tell me.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Let me know what you find. I want to put up Grandpas SAAs he left us. I was thing of covering a peg board with a silk cloth and putting clear plastic dowels thru where needed and put a plexiglass in front of them.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
A good storage for handguns is a "U" shaped groove in a board and short "walls" on either side of the grip. If the walls are only 1/2 the grip high then they are easy to get to and they can be kept loaded. If you want to secure them put them in a cupboard (with the barrel groove and wall system and lock the cupboard. You could have a Lexan "glass" door so they are on display or you can have a solid door if yo want them "hidden". My guns are not "on display" but they are all over my home. I have two within arms reach right now.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I don't always display my weapons...
But when I do you can be damn sure that we'll be filling out at least one toe tag.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My display is in my study. The only thing up there is the surest rooms and restroom. When we have guest it is locked. No one outside the family goes in there. I like my guns where I can see them. On occasion I'll take a break and wipe one down.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Not sure where you live, but nowadays, I try to keep all things under wraps. Days past it was cool to show your guns in display-now its just an invite to thieves. jmho:(
Unfortunately all too true.
Years ago I used to have an old rifle on display on a rack over the sofa. Wouldn't even think of doing that now.

Reactions: retired guard

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Weapons not on a person are locked up around here.
Art Automotive design Wood Font Rectangle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.