Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

hammer time

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  shotlady 
#1 ·
just got this marlin 336 to go with my ar traded a 1911 for it::rambo::and my wing man he saw me cleaning it and claimed it

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks well maintained and will probably serve you better than the 1911 would. I assume its .30-30cal. That's still a pretty ubiquitous round and easily reloaded if you had any plans to do so. I've never shot one, but I have a Winchester Model '94 in 32 Special that's very similar and I'd never let that gun go.

They take a little practice to learn to bring them to your shoulder consistently, but once you have them sighted in for your grip and placement, they can become an extension of your body. They're one of the best hip shooting rifles I've ever handled. Some hunters would question why that's even a consideration, but remember (like the Winchester) they were designed to be a formidable cavalry or frontiersman combat long gun as well as a rancher's and trapper's hunting and varmint weapon. Survival on several levels is bred into the design. It just takes a little practice to connect with it. Enjoy

Interesting videos:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.