Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half of America: I'd kill to protect my own

Nearly half of Americans would expect serious, sustained life-threatening civil unrest within two weeks of a major catastrophe, such as an EMP attack that would destroy electronics, according to a new poll.

Another huge percentage say they would expect further deterioration after two weeks, but for many, that development would be irrelevant, because they expect they would be dead by then.

The sobering new poll by Wenzel Strategies, a public-opinion research and media consulting company, also shows a stunning number of Americans say they would be willing to kill a neighbor under such circumstances.

The poll, conducted Nov. 28-Dec. 3 with a margin of error of 3.14 percentage points, showed 58 percent of Americans would be somewhat or very willing to kill someone if a member of their family was threatened with attack during an emergency.

But that would be because 50 percent expect that within two weeks of a catastrophic emergency, their home, person or family member would be physically attacked by someone desperate for food, money or commodities like gasoline.

Remarkably, 21 percent said they would survive without services provided by electronic power less than a week and another 28 percent believed they could last less than two weeks. Three in four Americans say they would be dead in two months

Read more at Half of America: I'd kill to protect my own
I know I've got little faith it will not start deteriorating fast in some places, some a little slower. Mess with my family and anything keeping us alive and I'll put holes into someone no doubt. As far as I'm concerned there really isn't anything more important than family. If I can protect mine I will.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Where I stand is clear to all I think. Some may need to face that question.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Thats some scary poll rsults. Doesnt look like it would take long for us to go from where we are today to a near lawless third world nation at the drop of a dime. Hopefully we dont reach that point and have to find out the truth!
To see where we will be very quickly you only need to look at other countries and how fast the law falls a part. No surprise . I am betting there are more that that when it comes down to it.
A lot of so called anti-gun people have a couple stashed away just in case. I know of many that are very vocal anti-gun but own them .

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Most people should be able to go a couple of weeks without power before freaking out. I have been through many hurricanes and the power out for that long at times when living in Florida. Nobody I know freaked out, but there was a big difference. It was a small scale event and the trucks were still rolling food and water into the stores that people could get, same as fuel even if they had to drive a little to get it. A grid collapse would be a large scale, multi state, maybe complete United States event and would be far more than the emergency services could handle by leaps and bounds.

Without power the fuel pumps to fuel the trucks won't be there for them to deliver needed supplies. The government knows this and prepares for it. That's one of the reasons why they've set in place martial law procedures, co-op with the Canadian military in part. (besides other reasons) They know certain events will set off parts of the American public with what they can do in given situations. I know my neighbors nextdoor would instantly be trouble. They already are in these plentiful times. (I'm moving soon thank God) We all know people around us whether in the neighborhood or particular areas of the towns and cities we live in that would be tinder boxes without power and food for a certain amount of time and no one to take care of them. Certain parts of our population are mentally retarded in their reaction to things that make them angry (which isn't much to do it) and like to burn, loot and rampage their own neighborhoods. If it gets this bad and the grid is knocked out for a long period of time, they'll look to come to your neighborhood or home eventually.

·
Registered
311 Posts
^^^tru dat but i had made up my mind long ago when i got my chl that when i decided to carry that gun on things that go with that must be faced or why carry, or own them,
because if arent willing and or able then dont own them. one can only help so far, then it goes sideways, but im willing to die to protect mine.
but for the most part you cant trust anyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.