Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, A while back I picked up a surefire used for $120, But it didn't come with the M93 throw lever mount! I started phoning different tactical shops and looked online for the M93, No luck, And those who did have it couldn't ship across the border due to it's nature?!?! So! I tried one more place, 911 tactical in Calgary.....No dice, either had to be active military or LEO...Can you believe this Crap?! So I had this kick ass light with no mounts, I decided it would go nice in my wife's bug out bag....why not! So, I'm at the range yesterday, and I see this surefire in the display with the M93 throw lever mount!!! I asked if they just the mount, as I did not want to buy the whole set! I was redirected towards another mount, for cheaper even! this mount was not only cheaper, but had fewer moving parts and mounted the light on a 45 degree angle opposed to sitting on the side of the rail, and possibly getting banged up when the rifle is sitting on it's side......So I took it home and mounted my light! here it is, after two months, i have finally seen the light!!::saber::

Haley Strategic Thorntail Adaptive Light Mount:
Weight 1.29 OZ
Material 6061-T6 Billet Aluminium
And made by our good friends in Colorado
flashlight mount 001.JPG flashlight mount 003.JPG flashlight mount 004.JPG flashlight mount 005.JPG flashlight mount 006.JPG

·
Registered
574 Posts
where did you get that stock is it aircraft aluminum or plastic. Is the a 5.56 or .308

Why does a run of the mill LEO need access to military grade tactical gear but civilians don't??

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Canada Bro! Gun laws are tight!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get that stock is it aircraft aluminum or plastic. Is the a 5.56 or .308

Why does a run of the mill LEO need access to military grade tactical gear but civilians don't??
It's chambered 5.56 and 7.62x39. stock is both aluminium and plastic!

·
Registered
988 Posts
How much does that thing weigh? Gah...

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much does that thing weigh? Gah...
I'm not sure, but I like it, and everything is mounted on throw levers, so I can add or remove when I want, Yeah yeah, it's "Tacticool", however I do what I like.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not hating bro...was just curious. I hope you do like it...wouldn't make sense to keep or operate something you didn't.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Haley Strategic is TOP NOTCH.. Travis Haley is a respected operator and was one of the main guys at Bravo Company Mfg. when it started and then left to do his own thing..

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the XCR is a fun rifle to shoot, We have some pretty crazy laws and restrictions in Canada, the AR's for example are restricted to range shooting only, So when Robinson Armament put out the XCR-L Non-restricted, I couldn't say no. No sense in owning something that is range only. and it's a piston operated AR which is pretty cool! you really get the best of both worlds with this rifle, Kind of a AR/AK hybrid!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
heck ya! that is nice! im doing a 4 day night rifle/pistol class in nov. I need a light for my piece! ill look into this!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts