Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the shotgun I posted the link to from Cheaper than Dirt that was being sold for $150 dollars with free shipping. The shotgun was delivered in 2 days to my FFL holder who gave me a free transfer for being a good customer so my total cost for the shotgun was a mere $150.00, not bad. Opening the box the first thing I noticed that I liked was it's all steel construction with military style locking screws. The furniture is no frills black plastic even so it is much heavier than any of my other shotguns.

This is a Chinese made product that was imported by Stevens/Savage and for the price I wasn't expecting much. My thoughts were a stash gun or trunk gun. I was pleased that it will cycle 2 3/4 and 3 inch magnums. It comes with a adjustable Ghost Ring sight and a fiber optic front sight. It loads and unloads from the bottom port like an Ithaca.

I took it to my local range with several different brands and types of shotgun ammo. It cycled everything without a FTF and the action is amazingly smooth. I didn't have to adjust the sights and it was right on. I started with 2 3/4 #8 bird, followed by 2 3/4 00 buck, and ended with 3" magnum slugs.

My only complaint is the action bar release is difficult to use/reach because I'm left handed but other than that it seems to be a solid shooting shotgun.

Chinese shotgun.JPG

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm left handed also. Did the safety annoy you?

I'm short so I had to have the stock cut down. Originally I could not reach the forearm to cycle it so if your hands are bigger that might not be an issue with you.

It is a great value. I have both the short and long barrels.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm left handed also. Did the safety annoy you?

I'm short so I had to have the stock cut down. Originally I could not reach the forearm to cycle it so if your hands are bigger that might not be an issue with you.

It is a great value. I have both the short and long barrels.
I'm 6' 6" 300 pounds so if anything it's a little short for me. I didn't have an issue with the safety but the action bar release is difficult to reach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts