Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well I spent 2800$ yesterday on a gun...well that was some reloading equipment too...

So 1.....you count the rest LOL!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Everything I've read indicates that sales are up. I've spent almost $8K on guns and ammo the past 12 months :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I changed my work direct deposit check from going to my bank to going to the local gun shop account. Just kidding. I stop by the bank first. :grin:

"I like guns I like the way they look, I like the shiny steel the and polished wood, I don´t care if there´s big or small, If there for sale, hell i want em all.... I like guns"

Geez! Thanks Blaze! I've been singing that all day! ::redsnipe::

Really though, I've read somewhere that its shown that a particular person for these numbers will have up to 10 guns per ownership.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Actually, there are now enough guns in private hands to arm every man woman and child in America. The ammo we keep privately is unequaled in all the world. It dwarfs any military or any factory times fifty. As a matter of fact, someone did the numbers and found out that there were 750,000 hunting licenses sold this year in Wisconsin alone. Adding all the states up, there were a whopping 120,000,000 hunting licenses issued in 2012 alone. Hunters are of the same mindset as preppers and often times overlap hunting with prepping. They are the leading owners of hardcore gear, leading owners of reloading equipment and leading purveyors of self-sustaining and self-reliant lifestyles. That being said, we hunters and preppers comprise the largest standing army the world has ever seen- dwarfing the actual American military by at least fifteen-fold. The ACTUAL number of gun-owning patriots in the USA nears 200 million. Although I am a big supporter of Revolution (the television series) I would argue realism on the producers- Fifteen years later you would still be dealing with 2 thirds of the populace armed, stocked with ammo and ready to rock. There would be no silly 50,000 person militia taking hold of everything- they would have been slain as a whole within three weeks by daddies and mommies and desperate sons and daughters trying to defend their families by means of their guns and ingenuity. There is a term from world war 2 I seem to recall...yeah....ATTRITION- meaning we got more than you and can keep it up longer. If you add every soldier, government agent, agency, military wing, police force and national guard unit up as a single figure it would still PALE in comparison to the thought of the tyrants having to send their underpaid and under-appreciated thugs on a suicide mission to disarm a vastly larger force beholden to no masters. They would find it impossible, deadly and useless in the first few days. Any general will tell you that fighting door to door is madness and cannot be sustained.

·
Registered
219 Posts
$8000 a year...thats NORMAL!...I shoot that much in ammo every 6 months!...And I RELOAD!....sometimes...about twice a year I got my OWN UPS trucks!...Just for bullets...brass..primers and powder!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts