Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The biggest problem is traveling. I to am from SC. We recently went to IL to see the Cubs play before going to St. Louis and a wedding in lower MO. Because of the laws in IL (as dangerous as Juarez Mexico) I did not take a gun. My wife pointed out I routine went to Juarez with no gun. I pointed out she wasn't with me.

In my opinion as long as I was not lingering in another state for more than two weeks I should be able to carry per my state laws. The commerce clause has been stretched much more in other ways. I know that flies in the face of states rights.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The biggest problem is traveling. I to am from SC. We recently went to IL to see the Cubs play before going to St. Louis and a wedding in lower MO. Because of the laws in IL (as dangerous as Juarez Mexico) I did not take a gun. My wife pointed out I routine went to Juarez with no gun. I pointed out she wasn't with me.

In my opinion as long as I was not lingering in another state for more than two weeks I should be able to carry per my state laws. The commerce clause has been stretched much more in other ways. I know that flies in the face of states rights.
I'm sure SC is a great state to live in, but when it comes to reciprocity agreements with other states, it's not very friendly to the rest of us. I can travel from Pennsylvania to Florida and out to Texas with a single permit… with the sole exception of the state of South Carolina (where my daughter lives). I wish they'd fix that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts