Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
21,643 Posts
charito -

I would probably sell it to other communities of preppers hopefully to set up trade lines for resources that I need. I don't think many people would grow cannabis making it a rare and expensive commodity making it very lucrative. Cannabis can also be used as a medicine to calm people who are injured or stressed, both of which would be common. Also, cannabis is legal in my state thankfully so I can grow it. I would try to avoid drug addicts as they might get desperate and I don't want them to know that I have their drugs. Energy isn't an issue as I have surplus energy as well so the extra energy spent on something other than food wouldn't hinder my other crops.
You know little about it. grows like weeds . In my life time there was still large amounts of it here from war time hemp production and yes there was stuff with THC in it. Not the high grade stuff some sell now days but it will grow freely .

· Registered
285 Posts
I don't drink anymore or smoke anything, but I do dip the hell out Copenhagen. My brother grows his own tobacco and gave me some seeds, I figure in a SHTF I'd rather have the seeds just in case. I think the same would apply to pot. A hand full of seeds would be a small investment now that might payoff big some day.

I don't like being drunk or stoned but I can think of a few scenarios where a little ganja could take the edge off of someone's suffering when high powered prescription meds aren't an option.

If someone wanted to stock up on a few seeds for the devil's lettuce, where might they find some? ...just asking for a friend

· Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,052 Posts
I don't drink anymore or smoke anything, but I do dip the hell out Copenhagen. My brother grows his own tobacco and gave me some seeds, I figure in a SHTF I'd rather have the seeds just in case. I think the same would apply to pot. A hand full of seeds would be a small investment now that might payoff big some day.

I don't like being drunk or stoned but I can think of a few scenarios where a little ganja could take the edge off of someone's suffering when high powered prescription meds aren't an option.

If someone wanted to stock up on a few seeds for the devil's lettuce, where might they find some? ...just asking for a friend
Apologies, my friend, but your last question should not be answered here.
While it's safe to talk about the merits of growing this crop in SHTF, it's a step in the wrong direction for the forum to start discussing actual dispensary.
We span too many states, and the substance is still federally restricted. I'm sure your answer is out there, but it should not be provided here.

:tango_face_wink:

· Banned
Staying alive
515 Posts
Drug gangs kill each other now over dope.
Just think what they'll do when their supply drys up because of SHTF and they find out you've got some.

Besides, when the chips are down, those with clear heads will prevail.
We're talking about weed here not heroin. Since it became legal in my state you can't go anywhere without smelling it which means a lot of people are already growing it. Not sure it would have a whole lot of value in a SHTF scenario but I don't think anyone would have to worry about "drug gangs" showing up and killing you for it. Also it's very easy for anyone to grow themselves. And no I don't use it. I did when I was younger but not anymore. I'd be a lot more worried about people who have been drinking than people who have been smoking.

· Registered
11,289 Posts
What are your thoughts on trading/consuming cannabis post SHTF due to the general depression and anxiety that would become more common?
Sounds like a heck of a good plan to me. Its the biggest cash crop in the world. Holler is you need any tips. I used to know some hippies who knew how to grow it right. lol. I'm prepped to barter Root beer...Ginger Ale and cigarettes. In fact if you was currently in business we could do some barter cause I have geriatric old pals who love that stuff like a hog loves slop. Keeps us posted and send free evaluation samples. Have you got Slippy's snail mail addy?

· Administrator
15,728 Posts
We're talking about weed here not heroin. Since it became legal in my state you can't go anywhere without smelling it which means a lot of people are already growing it. Not sure it would have a whole lot of value in a SHTF scenario but I don't think anyone would have to worry about "drug gangs" showing up and killing you for it. Also it's very easy for anyone to grow themselves. And no I don't use it. I did when I was younger but not anymore. I'd be a lot more worried about people who have been drinking than people who have been smoking.
They sure do kill over marijuana in Jacksonville, Florida.
It is drugs and gangs that give the city the dubious distinction of the Murder Capital of Florida.

I don't live in a city, I don;t even live in a town, but there are druggies out here as well. Most of the arrests are for meth, but if they're hard up and knew you had a way to get high, it might be bad for you.

If things got really bad, I would barter nothing with anybody. There are too many evil people in this world.

· Banned
Staying alive
515 Posts
They sure do kill over marijuana in Jacksonville, Florida.
It is drugs and gangs that give the city the dubious distinction of the Murder Capital of Florida.

I don't live in a city, I don;t even live in a town, but there are druggies out here as well. Most of the arrests are for meth, but if they're hard up and knew you had a way to get high, it might be bad for you.

If things got really bad, I would barter nothing with anybody. There are too many evil people in this world.
Yes they do kill over it, but not because it's addictive and they need a "fix". They kill other gang members who are selling it in the areas (or turf) that they usually sell in. A meth addict who couldn't get a fix could care less about weed. It's not going to do anything to help their addiction or take away their withdrawal symptoms.

I completely agree with you in that if things got really bad bartering anything is probably not a good idea. You don't want people knowing what you have even when things are going good nevermind when it got bad.

· Registered
11,289 Posts
It seems the issue will become when the killer weed becomes more uniformly legal..and the democrats tax the sheet out of it to cover their social injuneering projects...it will be too expensive to pay all the bureacrats to administer the various programs..so that will leave the locals to grow it better and peddle it cheaper than the guvment..similar to to CA and CO...so the Fedaral Law Dogs will come to kill the entrepreneurs. It will be like chicago in the 30s maybe. Only then it was alcohol.

· Registered
1,138 Posts
The first rule of survival is to........................ not get attention to yourself, right?

Words will travel fast who to see for weeds.

Marijuana may be common now that it's legal in places, but in a shtf scenario, not everyone is prepped to accommodate planting and growing weeds (just the same as not everyone is prepped for food). A lot will want a quick fix!

I seriously think that advertising addictive items is most likely to attract trouble towards your direction.
No, you may not actually advertise for it - but words travel fast!
And, it will be a lot of unsavory characters who'll most likely come knocking at your door.

But, if you're ready and prepped for aggression....I suppose it will be a lucrative trade.
It'll be the usual "drug-dealing," only in a more desperate kind of environment. Being lucrative - some gang will attempt to muscle in.
I don't think you'll live long being on your own. You'll either have to be able to fight them off, or become someone's lap dog.

That goes for any products of trade that is deemed, lucrative. PLENTIFUL. You'll attract attention!
Therefore, plan carefully how you do your trading. Don't stand out!

Lol. I've been reading the trilogy of Cartel novels by Don Winslow lately - I'm on the third one now - that's why drug dealing
is pretty much in mind. :tango_face_smile:

· Registered
1 Posts
Do not disclose your growth to many people. Growing is a process that takes time and involves learning, but in the end, I think it's well worth it. To avoid prosecution for a more minor offence, even a close friend can tip off the authorities. The gardai will be pleased to let your erstwhile friend toddle on after receiving an anonymous tip about your Dispensary Edmonton ALBERTA op if you are spotted smoking marijuana on a night out in town. You and your housecat are the only ones who know about the plant in the spare bedroom. The smell is a concern, but your rural setting and the carbon filter should assist.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts