Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
21,643 Posts
Go for it the more stoned people there are easier to do my job. SHTF and getting high is not even on the list. Wow. Pot is so dam easy to grow they grow their own.

· Registered
1,138 Posts
What are your thoughts on trading/consuming cannabis post SHTF due to the general depression and anxiety that would become more common?
I don't know how practical that is, energy and maintenance-wise.
You could have customers for it, but if food and other comodities like gas are scarce, people will tend to use up their trade items for more practical stuffs! Food. Gas. Medicines. Seeds. Water.

Also, what type of people would you attract?
Would I want to do any bartering with a drug addict or, an extremely depressed person who's on a self-destruct mode
in the middle of a shtf?
With surviving being stressful and dangerous already - they'd be the last ones I'd wish to get within my orbit! :tango_face_smile:
I don't wanna have them coming after my cannabis! They'd assume there's more where that came from. :tango_face_wink:

· Registered
11,822 Posts
The more stoned they are, the easier my job is.

· Administrator
15,736 Posts
Drug gangs kill each other now over dope.
Just think what they’ll do when their supply drys up because of SHTF and they find out you’ve got some.

Besides, when the chips are down, those with clear heads will prevail.

· Registered
21,643 Posts
Is it my imagination or is this forum starting to attract a lot of drug addicts/drug dealers? In my opinion, drug addicts/dealers should all commit seppuku and contemplate the pile of their intestines lying in front of them before they meet their Maker. A lot to be learned there.
Getting and staying high even over powers sex over time. This will start a big argument. In treatment for those with PTSD , being stoned is not a treatment but a cover up . often leading to addiction and more problems in the persons life.
But we are not suppose to say that. So party on get high avoid the issues of life.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
charito -

I would probably sell it to other communities of preppers hopefully to set up trade lines for resources that I need. I don't think many people would grow cannabis making it a rare and expensive commodity making it very lucrative. Cannabis can also be used as a medicine to calm people who are injured or stressed, both of which would be common. Also, cannabis is legal in my state thankfully so I can grow it. I would try to avoid drug addicts as they might get desperate and I don't want them to know that I have their drugs. Energy isn't an issue as I have surplus energy as well so the extra energy spent on something other than food wouldn't hinder my other crops.

· Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,058 Posts
If you really want a cash crop that will be good for trade, go with coffee.

If you have an unreasonable desire to go with pot, at least put up the front that you "know they guy" who grows it, and can act as a middle man to get it.
Never be "the guy" who can get things of questionable demand. You get too many dangerous people looking at you.
Always be the go-between for "the guy", even if the guy is actually you.

This advice can save your neck.

Reactions: Slippy

· Registered
21,643 Posts
Reactions: 65mustang
1 - 20 of 33 Posts