Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the very best prepper strategy is based on forming co-operative mutual support groups which have a wide range of skills and assets to share ( rather than the all too common Rambo/lone gun man approach) how about a place where people can post about forming or joining such groups??

Sort of a bulletin board or "employment office" where people can post their resumes and groups can post their "job descriptions".
LAZ 1

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I've noted before that I'd love to hire people after SHTF to work for me; my property is not something I can manage alone or even
with immediate family to the optimum level. We'd be able to provide safety, food, clean water, even some medical. Payment beyond
that would have to come from whatever we grow and refine. Still in a pre SHTF world I'm not ready to start recruiting.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Our group/family has been formed over time. To in sure loyalty, and that they are not some out side agent seek information or to frame us. We have made sure every member is well known. We know your whole life story. Many cases they share blood and or have spilled it. By that We mean they have served in combat together. You don't just show up at a Saturday night meeting a few times and join us. We invite you only once we are sure of the content of your character.
You can bet and current events prove it any meeting not well guarded will be attend or at least have information collected by Obama and Holder. Why do you think they have DHS working with local police and security companies.
Offer Bubba a chance at a good government job and he sell his mother out .
After SHTF if it does and we have room others may be allowed in but that is a Major maybe.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have OPSec issues with forming, or adding to, a group from a forum. What I do think I have room for is over time possibly establishing regional relationships so there might be a sanctuary should those in my AO be caught away from their base of operation, and need some assistance getting there.

There is also something to be said for being able to get Sit Reps if having to pass through another's A/O on the way out of Dodge.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree with Rigged for Quiet. In addition, forming a group is very geographically limited. It would be pointless for someone from West Texas to join a group in Eastern Montana for instance. Also, if I don't know you or if someone I trust with my life can't vouch for you, you are a potential target until proven otherwise. It takes years and years for me to get to know someone and even then, who really knows. I guess until a situation developed where it was necessary, I'm not forming or joining any group. OPSEC is how I operate.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Our group/family has been formed over time. To in sure loyalty, and that they are not some out side agent seek information or to frame us. We have made sure every member is well known. We know your whole life story. Many cases they share blood and or have spilled it. By that We mean they have served in combat together. You don't just show up at a Saturday night meeting a few times and join us. We invite you only once we are sure of the content of your character.
You can bet and current events prove it any meeting not well guarded will be attend or at least have information collected by Obama and Holder. Why do you think they have DHS working with local police and security companies.
Offer Bubba a chance at a good government job and he sell his mother out .
After SHTF if it does and we have room others may be allowed in but that is a Major maybe.
A little off the subject but think it is relavent

OMG Smitty 1300 post and we still have no idea where you live!!!

At least give us a state man, or a country, it is hard to take your opinions serious when you are posting from Mars

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
im in ca. the closet group to me that i know of is about 50 miles a way. they always have meeting but want a buy in.... i have loose plans and loose group we talk but its not really cohesive. im in ca

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I agree with Rigged for Quiet. In addition, forming a group is very geographically limited. It would be pointless for someone from West Texas to join a group in Eastern Montana for instance. Also, if I don't know you or if someone I trust with my life can't vouch for you, you are a potential target until proven otherwise. It takes years and years for me to get to know someone and even then, who really knows. I guess until a situation developed where it was necessary, I'm not forming or joining any group. OPSEC is how I operate.
Oh, don't misunderstand. I have a group of people I'm taking with or digging in with, but I'm in Smitty's camp about going about adding to it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
What I meant to imply is that I am not expanding the group that I have and have known for decades. Obviously, if someone comes along and they are an asset I can trust and we could use, they would be included. It still takes years though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here is a post that I made a while back about our little MAG (mutual assistance group) among my neighbors. Over the past few years we have refined our plans several times and we have improved our readiness, our protection, our stores, and our ability to sustain a comfortable flow of food and water for many months or years. Our situation is unique in that we are all neighbors with acreage that connects to each other, wells, large gardens, livestock, barns, machinery, underground storage facilities, and standardized armament. All members, both male and female are hard working farm-folks with many skills and talents for self sufficiency.

Take a look . . . http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/urban-rural-survival/2286-our-little-rural-planned-community.html

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
A little off the subject but think it is relavent

OMG Smitty 1300 post and we still have no idea where you live!!!

At least give us a state man, or a country, it is hard to take your opinions serious when you are posting from Mars
I am betting eastern Wisconsin, maybe near Milwaukee? I did not do any research or anything, just basing my guess on the words and phrases he uses. :-D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts