Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any people out there interested in forming a "Kentucky Emergency Group" for disasters. I will say that I am a national guardsman and I'm at every emergency the guard gets called out to. I've seen how people aren't prepared and what can happen. What I am purposing is a group of people that can help one another and other fellow Kentuckians during a disaster.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Any people out there interested in forming a "Kentucky Emergency Group" for disasters. I will say that I am a national guardsman and I'm at every emergency the guard gets called out to. I've seen how people aren't prepared and what can happen. What I am purposing is a group of people that can help one another and other fellow Kentuckians during a disaster.
I'm with ya! No way to survive on your own if/when a big time event happens! I'm not
military but can bring some interesting things to the table for an older guy!

I have a few neighbors that will band together but how long will that last?

Time to prepare is always on-going! PM me if interested!

SDF880

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
Hag hails from Kentucky.
Way to throw Hag under the bus Lol! Yeah I bet he just finished the new sign out front "Groups wanted to share Ideas." Hahahahahahahaha !

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
No bus, only a very slow pitch that he did not swing at. I think Hag is busy these days.
Yep, I have not seen him lately. And where is Auntie? Did I miss a memo?

Reactions: A Watchman

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree that many people do not think of disaster preparedness until it is too late. I am sure there are people interested in this and for some, they are part of some sort of group. For example, those who possess a FCC Amateur (Ham) Radio license participate in groups such as Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) and/or Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES). These volunteers provide emergency communications support to local and state authorities as well as various humanitarian organizations, like the Red Cross and Salvation Army in the event of disaster and when normal communications capabilities are not available. If you are interested in how you could become involved in this aspect of disaster prepping, let me know.

Best regards,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trying to revive the idea. I've been out of the loop for a while due to military duties. Anyone interested in doing a "Kentucky Emergency Group" or in the words of bear independent a "Mutual Assistance Group". If you are PM me

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I'm not in KY now, but my peeps are there. I can say for certain that I have a place to fall back to if needed. They's quite a few of us that are actually in close proximity (when I'm there) that don't even know it. I grew up a Rebel fighting the Admirals from Danville, and chasin the girls of Perryville.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Guardsman: Below is an email I sent two weeks ago to someone in Florida seeking groups. Hope it helps you.

USMCHomesteader:

Making contact with a local group is almost impossible.

We have had a 40 adult survival group completed for a few years. I have been searching for other groups to compare notes for the last three years and have found none. They exist but will not show themselves.

If you find a loose group they will meet once a month and accomplish nothing but waste your time.

The only way you are going to make group progress (assuming that is your goal) is to attract persons to yourself by your leadership.

If you are just wanting to be prepared for your family quickly I can help you learn what you need to do.

Introduction: You have nothing I want or need. I have instructions you can follow to reach your goals.

Our website: PensacolaPreppers.us

Read (45 Minutes) Family Prepping

Then read (1 hour; do not look at attachments at this reading) Group Survival on that website.

This will give you your PHD in Prepping. The Group Survival articles will also detail how to locate members & others in your area.

P. S.: Try these two articles from the Group Survival articles I sent you:

Finding & Admitting Members.

Finding Members With The Internet.

Happy Hunting! Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looking at possibly moving to Kentucky or Tennessee next year. Trying to escape Hellifornia and all the lefts BS and force feeding of their ideals! Im so ready to say goodbye to all these transexual pushing, pedophilia loving sensitive snowflakes and be around God fearin, gun totin, red blooded Americans! Starting my research now of ideal towns that are small but close enough to drive for work and grocery stores but far enough from big city. God bless you all!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Last time I saw a group from kentucky they had a big blow out with the group from Tennessee. ended really badly.....murders, hangings, and sech...hatfields and Mccoys I think it twas....

since then I don't trust no ky groups...I here they show up with a KKK hat, or a Katy perry album, or worse, a MC Hammer pants and the ying yang twin on the radio.....To the windowww to the wall! I even hear they show up with Ky jelly and there is nothing good that can come from that...trust me.....

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Last time I saw a group from kentucky they had a big blow out with the group from Tennessee. ended really badly.....murders, hangings, and sech...hatfields and Mccoys I think it twas....

since then I don't trust no ky groups...I here they show up with a KKK hat, or a Katy perry album, or worse, a MC Hammer pants and the ying yang twin on the radio.....To the windowww to the wall! I even hear they show up with Ky jelly and there is nothing good that can come from that...trust me.....
That was West Virginia:tango_face_smile: Since then they have made up and are currently exploiting this conflict to sell moonshine whiskey

1 - 20 of 24 Posts