Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Interesting. I'll bet this drill has two parts; How do we fix and deal with it as well as provide what the people need (and) How do we employ the military and police most effectively to suppress them.

I'm guessing there will be more emphasis on the latter. It will be a great "training" opportunity for both sides of the fence all in the name of safety.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
If it involves the government and citizens, you can be 100% sure the citizens will get screwed and government will want more money to grow their power/control!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It would be nice to know what kind of "drill" it will be. I mean, is this a blackout all over the U.S? Is it just in select cities? States? Counties only? If I lived in a big city, I'd like a huge heads up on what to expect. Are the police and/or National Gaurd going to go house to house? Just be a presence in the community to keep civil unrest to a minimum? I'd like a lot more detail on this.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
A 48 hour power outage would kill a lot of elderly and young people. I doubt it will even occur. They might shut an area down for an hour and then move to the next but it would be a massive job to shut down all the power plants and generating stations at once and then fire them back up in any synchronized way so as to prevent brown-outs or worse problems.

Reactions: BigCheeseStick

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
solar, wind, and hydro all connected to a bank of 4 batteries that cost $4000 each running through a full sine wave inverter.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Yes. And for the rest of us?
I was trying to point out that reliability was a misnomer. What I described would be sensitive to all three types of EMP events.
The most reliable power is that which comes from your muscles - and it won't make much electricity.
My thought is, learn to do without electrical power.

Reactions: Viking

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see where Obummer just had solar panels added to the White House.. I wonder if we should read between the lines.. Apparently they used to be there then Reagan had them removed. Now Odickhead had them added again...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts