Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I just joined up, I love the idea of prepping for a survivalist situation. I'm interested in learning more about practical steps, and best buys for a grab bag. In the days before doomsday, I'm working on a comic book that revolves are the off-grid survival topics. It's a Sci-Fi novel about the government mandating citizens report to major cities after a grid breakdown. A civil war breaks out between the military high-tech force and ex-military/annonymous hackers that are surviving Off-Grid fighting against these forces.

I'm interested in what the members of this community think about the comic, and I'm eager to hear back from you guys. I'll be checking back on the forum to interact with people, but you can also follow me on twitter @plaidklaus. I'm writing the comic because I'm concerned with the government overstepping the privacy boundaries of citizens, and building self automated machines like Darpa Big Dogs and Unmanned drones. I'm worried about a revolt and the outcome of a civil war, so I thought I'd put it into a Sci-Fi Novel to get it off my chest.

Hope you guys enjoy it, you can find the comic here! Issue #2 is out this comic Friday, you can get started on

Off-Grid - A Mind Comic Production

Cover-00.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like an interesting project. i'll look forward to reading it.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the site, I think you'll find there are as many levels of prepping, as they are preppers, from extreme to preppers-lite. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Alrighty, just ordered a print version of issue 1. Hey, ya never know...

One thing though, when my order processed it did not charge me anything for shipping.

EDIT: Oh ya, Welcome to the site! Your chosen media just may be a great vehicle to further the mind set, or at least provoke thought about what is going on around us. I'm looking forward to reading issue 1.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I can tell there is a lot of material to go over, hopefully I'll learn some things. Even if I can't prepare using all these techniques myself (living in the city) I'll be sure to use them in my comic.

Alrighty, just ordered a print version of issue 1. Hey, ya never know...

One thing though, when my order processed it did not charge me anything for shipping.

EDIT: Oh ya, Welcome to the site! Your chosen media just may be a great vehicle to further the mind set, or at least provoke thought about what is going on around us. I'm looking forward to reading issue 1.
I'll have to fix that issue on the site, in the meantime, you just got FREE SHIPPING, enjoy it!

After the read, let me know what you think. The next issue is out in a week online, print may not come for a while, but I'll post on here for both releases.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas, NV. I do like your avatar as a picture saves a thousand words.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I am a writer doing some of my own work, let me know if you'd like to talk. How odd you post this just as I'm sitting down to work on a post apoc love story. Welcome and I'll have a look later tonight.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How long until comes out in print?
It won't go to print until 6 issues are done (the first printed issue is for collectors) So, there won't be a print copy of all 6 for another year probably. For now you can keep up online by getting the PDF's and I'm running a SALE for 20% until July 15th! Just use the coupon, "ArtificialBodies"

1015848_10101793728440683_1137356704_o.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts